1.6 lower inlet Manifold - to fix or not?

Ben A

My 1.6 A2 has the eml light on a a result of a broken plastic lever on the manifold flap system. The garage, who i find generally excellent, knowledgeable and trustworthy, has said that they cant source a kit to repair the part which is over £300 complete giving cost of £770 inc VAT. I am quite tempted not to do anything, its running fine as it is, does anyone know of any other solutions or think not getting the repair done is will lead on to some other failure?

Not a failure but will rev wrong and idle incorrect and may even have a habit or stalling on start especially cold weather conditions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Evening Ben,

Some comments as I have suffered same.

1. Repair estimates seem normal/fair - it's a long job.

2. I ran mine for two years with the fault and like you it seemed to make little difference to performance. Suffered no ill effects described by NinjaA2 except maybe a lack of edge/ not quite right. Read somewhere to expect a 5% loss of power and mpg but seems to depend on the stuck opening state of the flaps. Got fed up in the end of the eml and had it fixed.

3. An illuminated eml will make selling the car very difficult.

Andy

thanks All, I'll point the garage at this thread and see what they say, I am tempted to leave it as its a lot of money just to turn off the eml. I am not planning on selling the car so its value is not important to me.

Ben

Back