Anti roll bar options?

V4victory

A2OC Donor
My A2 has all the glass in the roof you could imagine and worn struts. I know it's not a go-cart but in the interest of improvement in the corners I was wondering if more knowledgeable members have explored any OEM ARB options?
Is the same part used on Sport?
What about using the bar from the high-top A2 van? (!)
There are aftermarket options I can see but were rear ARBs ever fitted as a factory option?
Any thicker ones on other VAG cars that are a direct exchange?

Not a go-kart no but the handling can be made to be pretty impressive. My lowered A2 on new dampers handles better than a lot of the sports cars I've had in the past.

Thanks guys, good info and just the start I need.
I have to be a bit careful with the lowering and lower profile tyres are not the best idea so I need to make the best of what's left.
S

you won't find many (if any) opinions on the whitelines as the H&R ones are the only legal option in Germany and other countries (like here, for example).

195/50R15 on 7Jx15 rims. Drop it with Eibachs. Add H&R.

30mph right angle turns are not a problem with this setup, don't brake, just lift...

If you don't drop the sidewall section, you'll just transfer the squidge to there rather than in the suspension. And don't forget the bush replacements at the same time.

- Bret

Back