Dead as a dodo FSI

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Looking for a bit of help guys.

I've got an fsi here. It made it up my driveway under its own steam (just) but now has no life in it whatsoever. Have tried a fully charged battery to no avail.

No ignition, no lights on the dash absolutely nothing. The only thing I've done with the car since arrival is to remove a non factory headunit.

Any advice greatly received because its going to be a nightmare to get up the rest of the way up my drive with no power.

I thought that even with earthing problems I'd at least get some life from the car even if its just the clocks lighting up. There's literally nothing.

Have you checked that the small black positive battery wire is connected and tight. (the one that is connected on the block that the main battery lead connects too.

It has a 10 mm nut on it!

Steve B

It is entirely possible that the battery itself has failed altogether (rare but possible) have you tried another battery / jump leads?

Steve B

It is entirely possible that the battery itself has failed altogether (rare but possible) have you tried another battery / jump leads?

Steve B

I'll try another battery on it and see how that goes. I've got a collection of them here :)

We've come across ignition barrel issues before, if you've fitted a known good battery then either the barrel or earth would seem likely.

Cheers Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back