that 1.0 TSI Engine..

bretti_kivi

...as some of you know, I've been running a 1.0TSI Octavia since last October. I'm extremely impressed with the economy of it... the other weekend we did the trip to the summer house and back. On the way up, with an average of 72km/h, I saw 4.2l/100 and the way back - with rain, some of it incredibly heavy - saw just over 5l. The tank average, including that and a trip to Helsinki, was 5.05l/100, from the same pump to the same pump.

Translated, that's around 55.5mpg. The trip up was over 60. Considering the size of the car, I'm happy :) I'm at 14 thousand kms now and the economy has been getting better all the time.

One thing it doesn't do well is slide on the track... but I do like the creature comforts.

I'll be doing a trip around eastern Finland shortly and fully expect to get close to the mythical 1000kms from a single tank, as most of that will be 80 km/h, not 100. The difference seems to be 0.5l for 80-100 and a little more - 0.7l/100 - for 100-120. A 4 in front of the comma is likely... and the A2 would be drinking around 25% more.

- Bret

That is really encouraging to hear Bret; thanks for sharing your thoughts on this engine. I like the throatiness of 3 cylinder engines, so I'm looking forward to that aspect in the Up!. The fuel consumption is nothing short of astounding given the displacement, size and weight of vehicle it is hauling in the Octavia. Bodes well for me; thanks again.

Back