Hello All. £550 1.4SE 2002 173k miles

syemon

Hi, I'm new here and have bought an Audi a2 1.4 SE 2002 with 173,000.

I've always liked the design of these and it's now my wife's runabout replacing a 2002 Mini Cooper with John Cooper Works aero kit.

The mileage is high but that's never bothered me as long as it's been looked after.

It had a few faults but for £550 and 6 months MOT it was too good to pass on.

I like tinkering with cars in my spare time and try to find ways to smarten them up for not much money.
I've already found lots of great information from here already and hope anything I post is helpful for others.

Anyway, a pic to be going on with.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Lots of detailed posts and 'how to' guides on here which will become your new best friends. A nice looking example you have acquired.

There is a good social scene too if this is of interest.

Enjoy the delights of the A2!

Thanks.
I love the versatility of the A2 and I still think they look very smart.
I've done a fair few jobs on it already and have submitted a post in the members cars section so hopefully it should be approved and I can add some more pics and info.

I think it drives really nice and is quite refined for what it is. The wife had an Mk1 A Class Mercedes a few years back and it was a dog to drive(firm to the extreme) and a pain to work on. The A2 is relaxing to mooch around in and with the van-like capabilities with the seats removed is a brucie bonus.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to ownership of the small audi that gets under your skin. If i can temp to to take a look and join us at a social ? Audis in the park is our biggest gathering in august --it would be great to have you on the A2oc stand. cheers mike and yvonne

Welcome

Welcome to the A2OC.

Your A2 looks very nice and as you mention they are quite versatile especially with the rear seats removed.

Good Luck.

I tried to buy a £550 Silver one from a Dealer in Dunstable but it had been bought 10 minutes earlier. So ticked off.

Looks like a lovely example. Congrats.

Back