Oil level sensor

bangorlad

Hi
Hopefully someone can help. Had the oil level low indicator showing, anyway changed the sensor today. I then switched the ignition on and the fault still showing. Opened the booted hatch and it has now cleared. does anybody know where this sensor connects to. Just thinking if it returns in 50 odd miles I may have a cable fault. or do I need to do anything else to reset properly

regards

The car's 'logic' is that the microswitch on the service flap (is that what you meant by 'booted hatch' ) cancels the low oil level warning when the flap is opened.
There are different theories about the time taken for the sensor to react to oil top-up - with the risk of overfilling if an owner keeps topping the oil up until the light goes out.

Cheers Spike

Spike thanks, I'll wait a few miles to see if fault returns. Did check hatch microswitch, thats ok. Was just thinking if fault returns if wiring could be at fault but don't know where sensor goes.

thanks

the oil level sensors wiring runs from the back of the engine and comes out under the fuel vacume pump where it goes into the main engine loom , this goes into a large black plastic corugated tube which runs down the back of the gearbox and the firewall underneath the car and disappers underneath a black plastic cover held in place with 3 x 10mm bolts it then comes out in the passagers under floor compartment where the ecu and cccu lives , there are several connector plugs on the end of that loom and the main ecu plug , may be worth checking and even disconecting all the plugs for a squirt of electrical cleaner if fault returns

Back