Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: All-Alloy Intercooler Group Order

Tom - think I said that mine was to go to WOM didn't I?
    Trevor

ideal tom cant wait to get it fitted they look good, just a pitty they are so hidden when installed
    mark

Tom,

So have the intercoolers been posted or not yet? No sign of mine here if they have....

Simon.
    2005 TDi 75 with Opensky.
    Now with heated seats and DIS - thanks to Timmus.

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Tom,

So have the intercoolers been posted or not yet? No sign of mine here if they have....

Simon.
    He indicated above that he is going to inspect the remainder at the factory on Tuesday.

I know how it feels to be waiting for something like this, but I am sure they will be posted soon.

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Tom,

Simon.
    i would of expected at least an update again about postage as following thread intercoolers all posted then a small amount posted , were inspected Tuesday which is another weeks delay now Friday with no confirmation of postage , this is a lot of cash outlayed on this so looking for part asap and confirmation of tracking details as this has dragged on long enough

Hi folks,

Sorry, getting on A2OC whilst I'm away on retrofitting tours can be a challenge. I've been doing lots of travelling and lots of Colour DIS retrofits, usually finishing very late at night. Anyway, I'm now sat in a house in Twickenham and have access to a proper computer.

The manufacturer dispatched 3 units last week (to WOM Automotive) and then decided it'd be better if I inspected all the intercoolers before they dispatched any more. Given that I was in Cambridge anyway, we figured it made sense. Yes, unfortunately it added to the delay, but I'd rather they were posted knowing that everything was in order rather than finding that they had to be returned.
    Anyway, the good news is that they're all fine and dandy. All lined up like soldiers, they looked absolutely fantastic! I have collected about half of them and have delivered a few in person whilst on my travels. Those who requested postage will get them within the next few days. They were posted yesterday. So, those in the UK should expect theirs early next week. Those in mainland Europe should get theirs a few days later, depending on how efficient the couriers are.

Apologies that these have taken longer to manufacture than first anticipated. Once I'd placed the order, timings were totally out of my control. Had I only ordered 6 units, for instance, the manufacturer could have fitted them in between larger manufacturing runs. However, with a total order of 24 units, this became one of the larger manufacturing runs, which had logistical implications.

Anyway, it looks like Intercooler Group Order 1 is finally coming to an end. I look forward to you all receiving your shiny new intercoolers within the next few days. Please post photos should you wish!

Cheers,

Tom

Right... back on the road for me. Next stop, Gravesend.
    A2 Retrofitting & Upgrade Service Offered: Cruise Control, DIS, Bose, Rear Electric Windows, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Heated Seats, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Bluetooth, Rear Speakers, Double-DIN Dash, RNS-E, Front Fog Lights, Lumbar Support, Komfortblinker, Convenience Unit Replacement, Key Programming, and much more...

Click here to reserve Colour DIS

All-alloy intercoolers are complete!

7. 8 users that liked this post:

Al2coholic (13-11-2017), Imola Yellow (11-11-2017), Jeff Sutcliffe (10-11-2017), Kennedy (10-11-2017), Louis (14-11-2017), sco (10-11-2017), Special edition (10-11-2017), YorkshireHill (10-11-2017)

hooray lol yes intercooler arrived and boy was it worth the wait , really nice piece of kit thanks tom for this much appreciated even if I do like a moan at times regards mark

9. 2 users that liked this post:

Birchall (13-11-2017), Special edition (13-11-2017)

Hi Tom,

I would just like to say many thanks for organising this. Today a man in brown delivered a (rather large) box containing a work of art!

Warm regards

Andrew

11. Users that liked this post:

Special edition (13-11-2017)

Excellent! I'm glad these have started to arrive and that members are seemingly very happy with the quality of the unit.

Those of you who opted to have your intercooler delivered to WOM Automotive will be pleased to know that they've also arrived.

When unpacking your intercooler, please notice that the sensor blanking plate (for use on the TDI90) is attached to the outside of the bubblewrap. You don't want to accidentally bin this with the packaging! You'll find 4 bolts are also included. The two shorter bolts are for use with the blanking plate and the two longer bolts are for use with the MAP sensor.

As mentioned previously, the intercooler is designed to use the later 12mm MAP sensor. If you've got an early A2, it's likely to have an older 18mm MAP sensor. Make sure you've got a 12mm MAP sensor before starting the installation.

Cheers,

Tom
    A2 Retrofitting & Upgrade Service Offered: Cruise Control, DIS, Bose, Rear Electric Windows, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Heated Seats, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Bluetooth, Rear Speakers, Double-DIN Dash, RNS-E, Front Fog Lights, Lumbar Support, Komfortblinker, Convenience Unit Replacement, Key Programming, and much more...

Click here to reserve Colour DIS

All-alloy intercoolers are complete!

13. Users that liked this post:

Louis (15-11-2017)

Which brave / kind soul is going to do a nice How-to documenting how to do the swap then :-)

Simon.
    2005 TDi 75 with Opensky.
    Now with heated seats and DIS - thanks to Timmus.