Holy dodgy wiring Batman!

Bspoke

Two and a half weeks into A2 ownership and we hit our first snag. Not Audi related thankfully - more related to previous owner.

When I got the car it had an aftermarket radio fitted and wiring for a permanent live for the stations etc. As I was swapping in my Bluetooth enabled Alpine unit I thought this was an added boon - until today when, as my wife took the car to head around the shops only to return seconds later reporting the cabin filling with smoke.

This is why. Seems previous owner knew enough to wire the feed but not enough to do it safely!
4351a79a605c2b6f58cc307b36f0ccf3.jpg
d68cacdbea4dadca7f0d5f6adda55b68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

OUCH!!!!

That is sooooo dangerous.

Glad it didn't manage to cause too much damage.

When I buy an A2 with an aftermarket system the first thing I do is to check the wiring (not always easy).

The second thing I normally do is to refit the original Audi system. The sound from the OEM kit is pretty amazing.

Steve B

Yeah I'd normally check too. Had to tap into the cigarette lighter on my last car and was actually surprised someone had bothered to do it on the A2.

Is there a single DIN OEM unit that can take bluetooth? I've only got front speakers so sound quality isn't my main concern (for the moment) but I do like the OEM look

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back