Bolt that holds big turbo pipe plastic loose!

Pras

A2OC Donor
Can anyone advise please if the bolt that holds the big turbo pipe should be in one piece.
There seems to be a rubber piece in the middle and mine is disconnected.
Making the whole pipe vibrate .
30mu4b4.jpg

Last edited:
I would say its unserviceable and advisable for a new part it s meant to have both 6mm studs bonded to each end of the rubber centre hence allowing a flexible but firm mounting , any other form risks damaging pipe due to unwanted vibration as you are getting with split mount, cable ties round it the now temporary fix

Hey jbweld fixes everything ;)

Thank you for the quick replies. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
A common problem I believe. Happened to mine several years ago. Just ordered a replacement metal/rubber bonded bush from Audi.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi All, Sorry to resurrect such an old thread. The rubber section on the antivibration mount for the intercooler pipe is missing completely on my TDI. Theres lots of options for M6 bobbin mounts available on eBay. Does anybody know roughly the diameter and thickness of the rubber section on the original part?
Thanks Dave
1704587301894.png

Last edited:
Hi All, Sorry to resurrect such an old thread. The rubber section on the antivibration mount for the intercooler pipe is missing completely on my TDI. Theres lots of options for M6 bobbin mounts available on eBay. Does anybody know roughly the diameter and thickness of the rubber section on the original part?
Thanks DaveView attachment 117360
I used one of these from e-bay item no: 304868895166

Back