Pics Needed: LHD Right Side Lower B Pillar Trim

J3FVW

Could a LHD A2 owner do me a huge favour and post a few pictures of their right side (LHD passenger side, RHD drivers side) lower b pillar trim while it is fitted to the car. I'm intrigued to know what the switch is that is fitted to the panel. Is it the alarm disable switch and the filler cap switch is on the drivers side?

Thanks in advance

Jeff :)

Last edited:
Could a LHD A2 owner do me a huge favour and post a few pictures of their right side (LHD passenger side, RHD drivers side) lower b pillar trim while it is fitted to the car. I'm intrigued to know what the switch is that is fitted to the panel. Is it the alarm disable switch and the filler cap switch is on the drivers side?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jeff can you post a picture of yours perhaps, so we can see if we can tell?

I know that in that B pillar trim I have seen a mesh grill for the Audi OEM telephone speaker. Perhaps it is related to that?

Steve B

Last edited:

Thanks in advance

Hi Jeff, I know this doesn't really help but I remember looking inside a 1.2 tdi that rob @ Wom brought to ADI and was surprised to see they didn't have an alarm button on the centre pillar, just the fuel filler switch, he said there was no alarm to help the weight reduction, but yes only one button and one hole in the pillar trim!
Cheers Jeff

It could well be that Steve. I don't have one (yet) to post a picture of unfortunately. I have all new lower trim for my ongoing project with the exception of the drivers side lower b pillar trim which is now discontinued.

The LHD right side version is available though. It doesn't have cut outs for the fuel filler and alarm disable switches but it does have a cut out in the middle of the main face which looks like it would accept (perhaps) the alarm switch. I don't know what kind of room behind the panel the alarm switch would need so I'd be interested to know how the LHD cars are configured from the factory in this area.

I'm sure with a Dremel or the like a cut out could easily be made for the filler cap switch in the correct location but I wouldn't want a hole in the middle of the trim if the alarm switch couldn't be relocated there if you catch my drift.

I'm trying to think a little outside the box to be able to fit a brand new piece of trim if it's possible.

And that's interesting re: the 1.2 Jeff. I think my idea to use a LHD panel has potential but I don't want to jump in and buy one then it doesn't work out.

Last edited:
Having researched a little more it seems Steve is probably right and the cut out in the middle of the panel is for a something telephoen related. Having looked on oemepc I can't find any part that looks like the one that fits the panel. Can anyone help?

Having researched a little more it seems Steve is probably right and the cut out in the middle of the panel is for a something telephoen related. Having looked on oemepc I can't find any part that looks like the one that fits the panel. Can anyone help?

Jeff
I am not sure what you need but I have a spare RHD B Pillar trim with the telephone grill in it (first time I have ever seen one!. It is in TWIST.

Would a picture of this help? or would the trim be of use to you?

Steve B

Jeff
I am not sure what you need but I have a spare RHD B Pillar trim with the telephone grill in it (first time I have ever seen one!. It is in TWIST.

Would a picture of this help? or would the trim be of use to you?

Steve B

A few pictures certainly would help Steve, close up ones showing the part number of the grill (if possible) would be even better! My interior is soul black so sadly twist wouldn't fit in but your offer is greatly appreciated :)

Jeff

A few pictures certainly would help Steve, close up ones showing the part number of the grill (if possible) would be even better! My interior is soul black so sadly twist wouldn't fit in but your offer is greatly appreciated :)

Jeff

I will see if I can get some pictures later today!

Happy to help.

Steve B

Thanks Steve - you might be able to provide me with that much needed breakthrough lead! :)

Jeff

Thanks Steve - you might be able to provide me with that much needed breakthrough lead! :)

Jeff

Hi,

I am not sure they will, but have a look. There are no part numbers on the grill but if it is something you need you could always have this one and paint it black !!!

I hope these help, but I suspect they will only help to eliminate this option?

Steve B

IMG_0535.JPGIMG_0537.JPGIMG_0540.JPGIMG_0541.JPGIMG_0543.JPG

Hi,

I am not sure they will, but have a look. There are no part numbers on the grill but if it is something you need you could always have this one and paint it black !!!

I hope these help, but I suspect they will only help to eliminate this option?

Steve B

View attachment 29709View attachment 29710View attachment 29711View attachment 29712View attachment 29713
Cheers Steve

I think I'll take it and paint it black as it would enable me to purchase and then modify the LHD panel to accomodate the RHD switches. PM on it's way shortly!

Hi

i am glad that it might have helped.

No charge for the part or postage just PM me your address and I will pop it in the post over the weekend.

Steve B

Hi Jeff, I know this doesn't really help but I remember looking inside a 1.2 tdi that rob @ Wom brought to ADI and was surprised to see they didn't have an alarm button on the centre pillar, just the fuel filler switch, he said there was no alarm to help the weight reduction, but yes only one button and one hole in the pillar trim!
Cheers Jeff

In Belgium, at least, alarm was not standard but optional equipment.
Hence my 1st A2 didn't have it, the current one does.

Back