Audi A2 1.4 SE 53 Plate and returning member.

AudA2Numpty

A2OC Donor
Well after the horrendous mistake I made in selling my previous 2005 Audi A2 I had been looking to get a 1.2 from the Netherlands or Germany. My criteria was to get an Automatic and comfy seats, but every time I spoke to the owners selling them I kept getting cold feet. Maybe I was being too lazy or cheap but I could not face the journey abroad and back and dealing with DVLA to get it registered here.
Then two days ago there was a £500 Audi A2 1.4 for sale just around the corner from me in Dunstable so I went to check it out. Sadly I missed the purchase by ten minutes as someone snapped it up.

Now I had the bit between my teeth, I had to get an A2 again.

So what did I do, the craziest thing possible, I went to the BCA auction house in Bedford and picked up an A2 for £300 plus the auction house fee.

It's very dirty, I mean super dirty. Fag butts and ash everywhere, one headlight bulb is not working, there is a cup holder tray faceplate missing and various bits of wear and tear on the buttons, but the engine sounded sweet and started first time with no smoke. The wheels are scuffed to crap too. I picked it up today and there was no fuel in it either. I'd never seen the fuel gauge needle so far past the E before and the 5 mile journey to the nearest petrol station (something I have not visited for over 18 months since I bought an electric car) was a slight concern.

It drives really well and straight, which my other one always seemed to pull a little to the left. There is a weird bit of DIY paint job on the rear wheel arches and and a few missing bumper and trim poppers missing but all in all it's fantastic for £500. It even has a sunroof, which works and I totally missed when buying it as it all happened so quickly.

So tomorrow I'll clean the crap out of it (literally) and take a new pictures for here.
I was going to take the Car to A2 cars and Tony but every time I called he's apparently gone missing so I will have to service it myself I suppose.

Hello all, again. :)

Last edited:
Back