Glovebox light

as far as I know it only works when sidelights are on there is a switch mechanism on the hinge but plastic lug usually broken (glovebox removal required )to check both contacts are touching , the plastic lug slips between these contacts which in turn breaks the circuit when lid is closed, so if broken glovebox light will stay on with sidelights as long as both contacts making circuit , some one else may be able to upload pic

Last edited:
And that is where my 3D printed replacement part comes in to play, it replaces the broken part which seperates the contacts and allows the light to work again as designed. 10 in job to fit it. Anyone need one they are £3.50 + P&P (normally 80 pence if I get the right person at the post office :))

cheers,

And that is where my 3D printed replacement part comes in to play, it replaces the broken part which seperates the contacts and allows the light to work again as designed. 10 in job to fit it. Anyone need one they are £3.50 + P&P (normally 80 pence if I get the right person at the post office :))

cheers,

and with that post yes please paul will send pm with postal details

So light working again but doesn't look to me like it's turning off? Assuming that's the issue I guess

So light working again but doesn't look to me like it's turning off? Assuming that's the issue I guess

Yes, the plastic arm slides in between the two faces of the contact when the door is closed and so it breaks the circuit.

Steve B

Look expensive to me though I'm stereotypically Scottish. ;) I have changed my interior lights to LED using various cheap festoon lamps from DX.com All have lasted years unlike my cheap sidelight attempts. Found this festoon lamp available in several lengths for circa £0.25...Just about to order some, might even get the A2 on the road before they arrive (though I'm finding Chinese deliveries are getting faster).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/31m...ml?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.5.4b24ae2b399a59

Back