How big is the roof lining?

TFG

A2OC Donor
A bit of an odd question, but: Can anyone tell me how big the A2 roof lining is and how easy is it to remove from a car with OSS?

Many thanks for the responses. I was just wondering how big a car I'd need to get one home in. A rough length/width will do for my needs. I appreciate the lining for a 'solid' or OSS roof are going to be the same size overall but I thought OSS may make removal of the headlining more complex.

I haven't got an A2 (yet!) so getting hold of this sort of info is a bit tricky for me.

Many thanks for the responses. I was just wondering how big a car I'd need to get one home in. A rough length/width will do for my needs. I appreciate the lining for a 'solid' or OSS roof are going to be the same size overall but I thought OSS may make removal of the headlining more complex.

I haven't got an A2 (yet!) so getting hold of this sort of info is a bit tricky for me.

It is no more complex than a solid roof, there are no connections to the OSS on the headlining. It is also easier to get it out because it is slightly easier to get the gentle bend you need to get it of the tailgate.

I don't have any measurements though, sorry.

Steve B

A bit of an odd question, but: Can anyone tell me how big the A2 roof lining is and how easy is it to remove from a car with OSS?

Size wise, it's the same size as the A2 (doh!) - I brought one home from a dealer once in my A2.

Work wise to remove it, it's a pain in the butt. 4 x handles removed, 2 x visors, little visor, interior lights, interior monitor, then A, B and D pillar trims all out and to get the D pillar trim out requires the removal of most of the boot trim, to do it properly. I swapped mine out from platinum to black. Worth it in the end, but a good few hours work.

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 16.49.40 copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 16.50.00 copy.jpg

They are both the same size and yes it is fairly easy to remove as I have just done it myself,
as I have just done a black roof lining,with all black plactics as well.

Steven

Guys how do you remove the sunvisor clip from the roof lining I have the visor off but the clip with the metal spring? Also is it possible to remover the roof without dismantling the d Piller?

Guys how do you remove the sunvisor clip from the roof lining I have the visor off but the clip with the metal spring? Also is it possible to remover the roof without dismantling the d Piller?
There's a cover over the assembly which needs levering off to reveal the T20 screw that holds the clip in. No, D pillar trim needs removing to get the roof out. See my earlier reply.

Ok so I assume the a and b pillirs are just clips? But d pillars need all the boot trim removed?
Correct, but if you remove the front and rear door seals the B pillar trim moves downwards a few mm, just enough to remove the roof lining. This way you don’t have to remove the seat belt anchors.

If you look closely at my photo from post 6, you'll see the A pillar trims are only partially removed, same with the B pillar ones and its only the D pillar that are out completely/

Back