Another Newbie

Wiltec17

Hi guys.

I'm new to a2 ownership, although it's not my first Audi, having just purchased a 1.4tdi.

I got the car at a bargain price due to a few issue that need to be resolved, the wipers on the vehicle are not working, and it has a boost issue, keeps losing boost, no eml or faults registering, then once it's switched on and off again, back to normal. I suspect a split hose or intercooler leak but will investigate further when I get chance.

Anyway enough of the boring bits, it's a rather bright red, not my first choice of colour but I'm looking forward to paying the bodywork a bit of attention as I'm sure I can get it gleaming again, apart from the odd scratch and a bit of laquer peel the paint is in fine condition for a high miler.

The interior is very clean, it will be receiving a bit of treatment but no excessive wear except from a button missing from the radio. Something I've come to love of audis is the quality of the interior.

Now this is supposed to be just a work car, a practical cheap daily, something to Keep the mileage off My TT whilst saving some money on fuel, however I don't see it staying standard so I'm looking forward to seeing some of the members modded a2s.

No pics for the moment but I will try to get some up.

WELCOME !!!!!!!!

The wiper problem will almost certainly be a bad earth on the motor.

To check if that is the case get a piece of wire and attach it to a good earth under the bonnet.
Then switch the ignition and wipers on and touch the other end of the wire against the wiper body, I would bet that it works then.
If so you just need to make a better permanent earth for the wiper body.

Steve B

Welcome fellow Essex a2 owner. Where abouts are you ? Can I tempt you to a social ? We have the biggest Audi show in a few weeks "audis in the park" corby full details can be found in the socials section. We always like to see new faces and cars. Cheers Mike

Welcome along Essex newbie, think you will find most of the answers you need on the forum!
It's also nice to hear of another TT A2 joint owner, there are four of us now that I know of!
Hope to see you at a social maybe!
Cheers Jeff

Thanks for he warm welcome guys. There was talk of going to aitp with the TT'ers but don't believe it is a date I can make.
Sorted my wiper earlier, motor was seizing, replacement fitted and I can now risk taking it to work in the morning!
Also found my boost issue, intercooler fubard. Would love to go for an alloy cooler but a bit out of my budget.

It's been a while since I've been on a forum, so will take me a while to get my bearings. What do you guys suggest for picture uploads? I used to use photobuxket, if only I can remember my password.

you can load directly on the forum as long as each picture is less than about 2mb in size, I also seem to remember a limit of about 6 to 8 photos per post

cheers,

Paul is correct. Photobucket or a similar third party host offers greater flexibility. It can be somewhat of a dark art uploading directly on here. If you have any problems email them across to me. Welcome btw.

Back