Can anyone identify this? type of key/tool?

YorkshireHill

A2OC Donor
Hi all

Found this on the rear passenger floor of the A2 and cannot identify what it is or where it came from. The end of the orange plastic pin has the letters KK. Can anyone help please?

It looks like it is a type of key or tool to open something? I think it is connected with the A2 as I hardly carried anything in the back during the time I owned the car!

A2 tool.jpg

Thanks

Hilary

Hi all

Found this on the rear passenger floor of the A2 and cannot identify what it is or where it came from. The end of the orange plastic pin has the letters KK. Can anyone help please?

It looks like it is a type of key or tool to open something? I think it is connected with the A2 as I hardly carried anything in the back during the time I owned the car!

View attachment 29754

Thanks

Hilary

Hi Hilary,

It is not related to any OEM A2 functions that I have seen!!!.

The white key fob looks a little like an electronic tag of some sort.

Unless you have any unusual added extra aftermarket toys added to the car I would doubt that this is related to your car.

It looks more like it is related to a "Pay as you go" electric / gas meter to me but that is a wild guess.

Hopefully someone can identify it soon.

Steve B

The key cabinet has locking clips that are undone by inserting the peg in your pic and rotating. This locks the peg and releases the key. Each user has their own peg so the car keys are checked in and out and looking in the key cupboard tells you who has which car. The car key ring has a sister peg on it. Different colours for different depts red = sales, purple = tech, white = valeting etc

Back