Intro...

giskard

Hi,

Just picked up my first A2 at the weekend, been wanting one for a very long time. I had a opportunity that i think was too good to miss. I have been using a Mercedes A140 LWB as my daily runaround and I had been looking for a replacement. The A2 came up for sale advertised as spares or repair, 1.4 fairly basic spec with a few issues to be sorted with 70k miles on the clock for £200 still with 6 months MOT. I am really happy with the A2 so far, and it is really interesting to compare the A2 with the Mercedes of the same year. I have a couple of issues to sort on the A2 including no plipper key ( came with one VW key ) and I will hopefully be finding out as much information as I can as well as tracking down various parts that i need. Will post pictures tonight.

Welcome indeed and it sounds a bargain. Please cast your eye over the socials section and see if we can tempt you in joining us. Audis in the park in corby is a few weeks away always nice to see new owners and their A2's ALL ARE WELCOME cheers Mike and Yvonne

Thanks for the welcome, see attached pictures...

IMG_3427.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

IMG_3434.JPG

As you can see wheels are in need of a refurb, anyone know which Autohaus the decals refer too? Trying to track down some history as the A2 has come with nothing. Should I be concerned regarding the alarm/immobiliser as the VW key is the only one I have.

Hi and welcome to the forum. When you put the key into the ignition and turn to ignition, is there a yellow car symbol that goes out in the rev counter? if not then the immobiliser has been deactivated and we need to sort this out.

Also if you look at the links in my signature you will find some very useful information.

Sarge

Well first week of A2 ownership, got some interesting bits today from a breakers yard; leather handbrake grip, rear light to replace cracked rear light, replacement numberplate lights, aluminium glove box handle and foam boot insert all for £25. Fitted parts, took car out to Ikea for a drive and on the way home A2 cuts out. Short timing belt failure. Head to be striped tomorrow to assess the damage :(

Well first week of A2 ownership, got some interesting bits today from a breakers yard; leather handbrake grip, rear light to replace cracked rear light, replacement numberplate lights, aluminium glove box handle and foam boot insert all for £25. Fitted parts, took car out to Ikea for a drive and on the way home A2 cuts out. Short timing belt failure. Head to be striped tomorrow to assess the damage :(

That is really bad luck I feel for you
I have a pair a timing belt that I got by mistake a couple of months ago from gsf. I ordered the petrol 1.4 bets by mistake when I needed the tdi belts. I also have the water pump for the 1.4
£30 if they are any good to you which is half what I paid for them on Ines of there 70% off weekends flash sales
Cheers Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that you're A2 has failed, I had the same on my last A2.
I knackered all the top half of the engine, and it cost me 750 quid, but that's because my radiator fan was knackered also, so that was including the fan.
I hope you're back on the road very soon
Regards Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

If the top end of the engine as suffered considerable damage A2steve as an AUA engine complete for £200, he is unsure of the engine condition as there seems to be water in the oil, but it would still make a very good donor for a complete cylinder head. You would obviously have a lot of engine parts left over as spares :)

Cheers,

Hi,

First of all thank you to all of the comments, I have never known a forum show so much support to other owners. Thank you to depronman for the kind offer and if I had read your post earlier before I have ordered parts then I would of taken you up on your offer. Towed car back home, stripped down engine this morning, no seized bolts, no monkey metal snapped parts thumbs up with the quality of the components. Outcome is the top short belt had stripped the teeth, and four bent exhaust valves only, I think I have been lucky considering what could of happened. Ordered the parts and will spend the time cleaning everything that I now have space to get at before putting it back together. Thanks again.

Welcome to A2OC ,
Sorry for the bad luck you have with your A2, as you say loads of support on A2OC

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Back