just noticed this weird noise... what is it?

OldSchool

A2OC Donor
https://youtu.be/rEK8lzfdG0E

ok, there are 2 noises here that are weird... i should say the car is driving fine, accelerating well, starting instantly, cruises at 70mph just lovely... getting about 65 to 69mpg

1st is a constant sort of fan noise or air being sucked through a hose type noise, actually more like a fan blowing hard but kind muffled and far away...
it goes away for a brief moment when i touch the accelerator and then comes back...

2nd noise... at first i thought this was a bad engine mount... then maybe drive shaft... but the drive shaft would only make noise if it was actually rotating / car moving?

it seems to only happen when I touch the accelerator but not all the time... in the video (listen with headphones if you can't hear it on your speakers)
car is idling and I touch accelerator - the whiny fan type noise goes away and then comes back... but if I touch the accelerator gently I'll get this "clunk" type sound... It's just me here so I can't take the lid off the engine and listen whilst someone taps accelerator...

maybe it is a flap closing? but seems kinda deep a sound for that? but it kinda has that property when i listen closely...

so not sure maybe bad engine mount maybe flap or something getting slammed or something on engine getting flopped around?

[video=youtube_share;rEK8lzfdG0E]https://youtu.be/rEK8lzfdG0E[/video]

Last edited:
Wow! How do you add video and sound?!?
Can't help with noise I'm afraid, I've a plethora of my own. Wasn't there something about a sticky flap - not quite a Moo but same issue - in another post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! How do you add video and sound?!?
Can't help with noise I'm afraid, I've a plethora of my own. Wasn't there something about a sticky flap - not quite a Moo but same issue - in another post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You tube videos, you can paste a link to them...

The second noise is the egr opening and closing when you touch the throttle there's a thread further down the news feed titled 1.4tdi engine bay knock

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

What a relief... I didn't drive anywhere today in case the engine might fall out of the car ha ha...

So this is basically an annoying sound but isn't deadly or dangerous or bad for engine?

Back