Air compressor wiring insufficient storage modification

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
My first mod was actually a while back but if, like me, you are unsure how mr Audi managed to fit a pressure gauge, an air line, a 12v plug and a mile of cable into the tiny space on the beautifully minimalist and elegant air compressor then this is for you.

9cb22d30421385351e2980dfeba521d4.jpg

Simply cut (deep breath) the cable and add in a 2pin 12v waterproof connector -these are very cheap on eBay (under £2 delivered) and are for bike or car wiring. Very solid once assembled with all the little grommets. Remember to put the socket on the live side and the pins on the other side (they are recessed anyway but safe is best). Job done!

I now put the air line, connector and gauge back into the compressor and lightly loop my cable and 12v socket and put it in the empty sat-Nav hole just above the compressor hole in the tools area.

I also found the flex was splitting and showing wire where it had been bent sharply - only a matter of time before it broke and died so this should prolong it as well. A bit of Sugru fixed mine but PVC tape would also work.

Enjoy.

Alex.

Ps. Yes, I get a lot of low tyre pressure issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two because when my last A2 was wrote off, I snaffled the tool kit and a few other bits and bat's. Now the first one the wire has split, so this post will help me fix the issues. Thanks for posting,
Regards Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Back