Sarge Project 3.......

Sarge

A2OC Donor
Hi all, As some of you are aware, I have rescued my new A2 from the clutches of the metal monsters (was in a scrap yard). I have rebuilt it and it is work in progress, which I'll write about later.

For now, I have just fitted this to bring the A2 dash into the modern world. I think it deserves it after 17-ish years I always felt it was out dated, this has always bugged me about the A2. Well this is my current one, it's not finished as yet as there's some work to it yet but here's some pictures.

Hope you like :)

20170707_174035.jpg20170707_174317.jpg20170707_175412.jpg20170707_181816.jpg20170707_181823.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very good Sarge; though I would personally miss the centre vents. If the tablet isn't wired in to the OBD port, how will those gauges work if that isn't a stupid question?

Yes it's blue tooth, it also connects to Sony stereo below it via Bluetooth. The one and only connection is purely for power/charge.

Sarge

I like your thinking, it's a shame the cup holders can't be removed and replaced with something more useful. Has anyone done that?

I like your thinking, it's a shame the cup holders can't be removed and replaced with something more useful. Has anyone done that?

Aha! been looking into that with all sorts of variations, there'll be different versions coming when I get a chance :)

This was a first prototype :)

Sarge

So looking at the dials on the tablet - what functions actually work? I'm guessing it's a fairly limited subset?

I haven't had a chance to test them all as yet, but what is showing works, but I believe as my car is a later one it will work with all or most of the parameters available to display, you can choose what you want to display/see when you set it up.

Just to add, this is not just a basic tablet, it is a full phone, gps nav system and most of the features these days. It's not one that is a latest type, just one I had laying around a while running android 2.2 which I put to use.

Sarge

Well, the cup holders COULD be removed. In fact, the whole centre section could be revised. I like doing things that look impossible! I've got a complete spare dash in the garage and I'll look at it to see what's possible. I've already modified a dash to be able to use the centre, top part for storage and i even mounted a Sat-Nav in there. It may even be possible to still retain some centre air-vents, but that does look to be a VERY difficult problem to solve .... So I'd have been looking to completely revise the centre section and then plate it off to accept the revised lay-out. Maybe there are narrower air-vents from another model that might fit? Flexible air-vent tubes?
Food for thought, that's for sure!

David

Back