Hello, newly purchased Colour Storm on the weekend!

Jimbo

Hello,

Whilst browsing for interesting cars to replace my Smart Roadster the Audi A2 perked my interests. Unique yet sensible, practical and different. Whilst I don't commute in a car most of the miles are on motorways visiting family so I was looking as to whether cruise control could be retrofitted and stumbled into this forum. Looking at options the 1.6 petrol was the only one for me, and there just so happened to be one advertised on the site. An enquiry, a convenient stop off on the way back from Nottingham two weekends ago and a slight movement on the price and my mind was made up! Picked her up on Saturday and drove back home. A few niggles to resolve but hopefully she'll be a reliable companion for a few years:

IMG_20170709_185547.jpg

Washed and a quick clean inside. Couple of chips on the paint but otherwise the body is in great condition. Inside isn't too bad, will give it a proper hoover out and once over when I get the time.

The other option seriously considered was a Mazda RX8, but I couldn't find a decent lower tax (early) Evolve and family kept telling me to get something sensible. One day... :D

Cheers,
Mark

The A2 was the wise choice in more ways than one. The ****el engine in the RX8 can be so problematic....... no production car today is fitted with the rotary engine and the RX8 is probably one of the reasons why ?.

What a beautiful looking storm. Welcome to the forum. Cruise can indeed be fitted and is relatively simple, you can tackle it yourself with the parts from somewhere like Kufatec or I'm sure that Tom (Timmus) will be along shortly. Tom can complete this work and has done so on 3 of my cars now, excellent job and reasonable price. Would be great to see some more photos when you have them.

James.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think the pictures makes her look a bit better than she is, but still happy with her at the moment. I'm putting a few miles on her over the next couple of weekends (Cambridge and Shropshire) then will start spending some money getting her fettled. Will start a project thread with more pictures when things get under way.

And yes, the RX8 would have been a lot of trouble ;)

What a beautiful looking storm. Welcome to the forum. Cruise can indeed be fitted and is relatively simple, you can tackle it yourself with the parts from somewhere like Kufatec or I'm sure that Tom (Timmus) will be along shortly. Tom can complete this work and has done so on 3 of my cars now, excellent job and reasonable price. Would be great to see some more photos when you have them.

James.

... but can he crack the hour?

I admire Mazda for persisting with the ****el Rotary engine but I agree that they didn't get it right with the RX8. Shame - the more variety in engines we have, the better.

*I notice the automatic rude words censor doesn't like me referring to proper name of the Rotary engine pioneer!*

Hi your storm looks great and it would also look great joining in the social side of the club maybe Audis in the park ? Cheers mike

Is there any way that we could try and get as many Storms as possible together at one of the major meets? AIIP or ADI?

It would be great to see many of them all together (and in as many colours as we can muster?) and if we do it as a one-off, it might make it worth people doing a long journey to get here?

Just a thought?

Steve B

The A2 was the wise choice in more ways than one. The ****el engine in the RX8 can be so problematic....... no production car today is fitted with the rotary engine and the RX8 is probably one of the reasons why ?.

Got to love an automated swear filter and so appropriate in this case ... :)

Hi your storm looks great and it would also look great joining in the social side of the club maybe Audis in the park ? Cheers mike
Away that weekend unfortunately, busy calendar at the moment so probably next year before I get to anything!

All the talk of the rotary engine reliability, I did have a bit of a worry when googling "audi a2 1.6" tries to auto-complete to "audi a2 1.6 fsi engine problems". Hopefully I won't be needing that search :rolleyes:

Back