Anybody Know The Part Number Of This Clip?

J3FVW

IMG_6334.jpg
It's the clip that clips onto the front panel. It secures the loom that goes to the bonnet alarm switch. I've looked at all the parts diagrams on OEMEPC but I don't think it's listed. As you can see mine is a bit corroded so will let the side down later into my project.

Failing a part number has anybody got a good condition spare they are willing to part with?

Jeff

If you have lots of small parts that need attention a chemical 'blacking' kit may be cost effective. Frosts sell one but I'm sure there will be others - http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-p...ngs/chemical-blacking/metal-blacking-kit.html

Cheers Spike
Funnily enough I've got a black oxidising kit that I have used for restoring spindles on bicycle pedals. I had considered bringing it into use again but I was hoping to take the easy option and just buy a new clip.

The problem with the blackening process is that the item being treated needs to be rust free which is tricky on small clips like the one in my picture. I've been looking at rust removal liquids to dip parts in and chemically strip them but reviews of available ones aren't the best. It sounds like Evapo Rust is one of the best but it seems hard to get hold of in the UK.

Hi Jeff,
here in Cyprus you can get a rust converter, name says it all, you need to clean only the loose rust and paint/dip. It gives a black finish, but I usually treat it with a coat or two of Hammerite or other paint, just to be sure. If you want, I can check what the price + postage will be, and if you're interested I could send it to you.

Regards,

Boris

Hi Jeff,
here in Cyprus you can get a rust converter, name says it all, you need to clean only the loose rust and paint/dip. It gives a black finish, but I usually treat it with a coat or two of Hammerite or other paint, just to be sure. If you want, I can check what the price + postage will be, and if you're interested I could send it to you.

Regards,

Boris

It is available in the UK, I am sure that Halfords sell it or Ebay.

It is great stuff and I had very surprising results when I used it (in a good way)

Thanks for reminding me about that stuff Boris, it really is an interesting product.

Steve B

I'm going to get some of the Hammerite Rust Dip liquid that Halford's do today. As I posted before I already have a black oxidising kit and when I have used it previously on bike parts theresults have been stunning.

I've just ordered a few screws etc from my local Audi dealer and while I was on the phone I thought I'd order some new bonnet carrier brackets (the ones that are mounted on the wing and have the clip in black plastic part)........until he quoted £12 plus VAT each!! It made my mind up - I'll start refurbing a few items!

Jeff :)

Back