Leather sport Steering wheel. Repair or replace

stevec

Wales
Hi all. I have the sport 3 spoke leather steering wheel fitted at mo but it does have usual paint wear to it. There are paint products advertised to refurbish the wheel has anyone undertaken this? If not i was thinking about retro fitting a 3 spoke wheel from a mk1 tt. The one with the small audi sport badge on centre part below airbag. Do the airbags and horn fitment from my original wheel fit as the one i see advertised is just a bare steering wheel.
Thanks steve

HI all
Any advice on this would be appreciated. I think the steering wheel in above post will not fit, I know the 3 spoke mk1 tt with chrome around audi centre badge will tho.
Thanks
Steve

HI all
Any advice on this would be appreciated. I think the steering wheel in above post will not fit, I know the 3 spoke mk1 tt with chrome around audi centre badge will tho.
Thanks
Steve

I would always worry about the airbag, you need to be SURE that it will fire when needed.

I bought some black leather dye to do mine but didn't need it in the end, no harm in trying it before spending a lot of money on a different wheel.
If it doesn't work you are no worse off (but it should work fine if it is proper leather dye)

Steve B

The 3spoke TT wheel is exactly the same right down to the part numbers I found. Only difference being the emblem.

28953478b8ebb9a849c5463a3ff99e85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The earlier TT steering wheels were subtly different, with the horizontal spokes of the airbag unit having a more pronounced curved shape. The airbag unit was also more bulbous. This means the wheel and airbags can't be 'mixed and matched' but I'm sure I've seen the very early style wheel fitted to an A2

This is an ebay pic of the 'old' TT steering wheel for comparison with the above later version - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-TT-C...bc41e51&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=181965995956

Cheers Spike

I have exactly this in my A2, same part number exactly and my old airbag fits perfectly, it was advertised as brand new TT stock and is the very same part no as the A2, love the new wheel I must say!
Cheers Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_4877.jpg
    IMG_4877.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 283
Looks very nice, I knew i had seen that steering wheel on another members car. Was it a direct fit? No mods?
Thanks
Steve
And is the TT part number 8N0419091B?

Last edited:
Looks very nice, I knew i had seen that steering wheel on another members car. Was it a direct fit? No mods?
Thanks
Steve
And is the TT part number the same except for 8No?

Yes direct fit Steve, no mods, and yes I I think TT numbers are 8d0 if memory serves me right, apart from that exactly the same!
Cheers Jeff

Back