Engine management symbol

spud

Afternoon everyone,
The gremlins have come out to play, had my A2 for around 3 weeks now and today my engine management symbol came on. Also when I fired her up this morning the temp symbol came up but it switched off when I stopped the car, and fired her up again.
The car is running OK, keeping a steady temp, so a bit baffled to what it can be.
Regards Spud .

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Afternoon everyone,
The gremlins have come out to play, had my A2 for around 3 weeks now and today my engine management symbol came on. Also when I fired her up this morning the temp symbol came up but it switched off when I stopped the car, and fired her up again.
The car is running OK, keeping a steady temp, so a bit baffled to what it can be.
Regards Spud .

Sorry to quote the standard answer but you need to get it scanned with VCDS or similar, that will point you in the right direction.

I don't suppose that the engine has been allowed to get wet (or worse still jet washed?)

Water in the loom can be a cause for intermittent problems.

Steve B

Sorry to quote the standard answer but you need to get it scanned with VCDS or similar, that will point you in the right direction.

I don't suppose that the engine has been allowed to get wet (or worse still jet washed?)

Water in the loom can be a cause for intermittent problems.

Steve B
You just never know Steve, about the water. Yes I do know the only way to find the problem is a scan. Tom's near me but I think he's on his Holly's.
There's another member that lives in lytham st annes which is same distance more or less, but I've forgot who it is.
Thanks for your reply and knowledge Steve Regards Spud

You just never know Steve, about the water. Yes I do know the only way to find the problem is a scan. Tom's near me but I think he's on his Holly's.
There's another member that lives in lytham st annes which is same distance more or less, but I've forgot who it is.
Thanks for your reply and knowledge Steve Regards Spud

I'm back! :)

I've also got that replacement screen for you if you'd still like that fixing.

Cheers,

Tom

Evening,

My FSI did this occasionally when I had(hope) a small coolant leak. It was just the coolant level being at the tipping point to activate the warning. First morning start vibration/motion/coolant expansion and the warning would go away after 30 secs/or restart. I assume you have checked the coolant level? Sorry if I've offended.

Andy

Hi Tom, I could come and see you tomorrow, but it will have to be around 10-30 in the morning as I need to be back in Preston for 1 oclock, or the weekend which is easiest for you.
I will have to put the screen on the back burner Tom, and will be looking at getting it fixed in the middle to end of August, and I need so advice off you about setting up some speakers for back of the car,
and all so a new wire loom I think, for a new system as the one in now is a after market one. I would like the A2 Audi cd player but have been told that mine will need a new loom to make it compatible with the car.
Thanks for the offer Tom Regards Spud

Hi Tom, I could come and see you tomorrow, but it will have to be around 10-30 in the morning as I need to be back in Preston for 1 oclock, or the weekend which is easiest for you.
I will have to put the screen on the back burner Tom, and will be looking at getting it fixed in the middle to end of August, and I need so advice off you about setting up some speakers for back of the car,
and all so a new wire loom I think, for a new system as the one in now is a after market one. I would like the A2 Audi cd player but have been told that mine will need a new loom to make it compatible with the car.
Thanks for the offer Tom Regards Spud

10:30am tomorrow suits me just fine. Send me a text or a PM to confirm that you're coming.

Cheers,

Tom

Cheers Tom, I will send you a pm in the morning, before I set off I do have your address from the other week and know how to get to you.
Thanks again Tom
Regards Spud

Evening,

My FSI did this occasionally when I had(hope) a small coolant leak. It was just the coolant level being at the tipping point to activate the warning. First morning start vibration/motion/coolant expansion and the warning would go away after 30 secs/or restart. I assume you have checked the coolant level? Sorry if I've offended.

Andy
No offence taken Andrew, I have been under the bonnet but have a limited knowledge about engines.
The coolant's level is fine so it's a head scratcher, as to what is wrong.
Off to Lancaster in the morning to see Tom he's giving the car a scan, so hopefully he will point out what's wrong.
Regards Spud

Back