Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory front rubber mats.

Thumbs up Factory front rubber mats.

Hi all, as it says I'm looking for a pair of rubber front mats.
    I found new rears, but as yet no fronts.

Regards Marc.

There's a set of used ones on ebay.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve

Project TDI150 underway

Thanks. ��

There is a German retailer (audi-goettingen) selling new A2 rubber mats on eBay. Not cheap (60 delivered). Original part number: 8Z1061501 041 and 8Z0061511 041.

Quote Originally Posted by rossjamesparker View Post
    There is a German retailer (audi-goettingen) selling new A2 rubber mats on eBay. Not cheap (60 delivered). Original part number: 8Z1061501 041 and 8Z0061511 041.
    I just bought a pair of fronts from them - should be here in a day or so. Works out at about 32 I think.

Are they definitely RHD mats?
    2004 1.6 FSI Sport Ebony Black pearl, Black Pearl Nappa leather, Symphony II, BOSE, Heated seats, Electric rear windows, Front foglights, Drivers Information System, Electronic climate control, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Open-Sky, Luggage compartment floor, Rear cup holder, 17" Avus wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Are they definitely RHD mats?
    Oh ****** - I didn't think about that !

Hi,

part numbers with zero 8Z0 mean it doesn't matter where as one 8Z1 is LHD and two 8Z2 is RHD.

The rear mats are the same for LHD and RHD cars but the front mats are a different shape due to the pedals and foot rests.
    Audi haven't had any front RHD rubber mats in stock for a while now. The LHD front mats are too big on the right side (driver for RHD). They can be cut down to size but you will loose the rim on the edge where you cut.

See size comparison between LHD and RHD front mats:
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...209#post272209

regards

Andrew

9. 2 users that liked this post:

andrewparkeruk (17-07-2017), rossjamesparker (17-07-2017)

I forget now but wasnt there something you could do with RHD/LHD involving the footrest so it worked?
    2004 TDI 90 Sport Ebony,Cruise,2 tone Bosch fanfare horns,HID's,TT pedals,
    Kirin98s imported matching foot pedal,Koni's,Brembo discs n pads,14" alloys unleashed for summer

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybrown View Post
    I forget now but wasnt there something you could do with RHD/LHD involving the footrest so it worked?
    Hi,

On RHD cars, the plastic foot rest to the left of the clutch is mounted on a bracket which isn't present there on LHD cars. In theory you could remove the plastic cover and the metal bracket, but there wouldn't be any carpet behind, and there would be no foot rest any more!

One thing that is relevant is the extra piece of plastic trim added to the right side of the accelerator pedal. This is effectively and add on piece to the side plastic trim over a LHD car which fills up that gap between the side of the car and the pedal. I assume it is so it is less likely for the driver's right foot to get behind the pedal. Some people have removed this extra piece to give more room in that area. With a RHD mat this would leave a gap of floor carpet uncovered where the plastic was removed. Using a LHD mat would properly cover the carpet on the right in this case as the LHD car would not have had the extra trim. The left side would still need to be trimmed for the left foot rest.

regards

Andrew