Properly poorly Mabel

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Well, my little Gatling gun went in to have her coil packs changed today in the hope that it would solve her current terrible running.

Unfortunately, it was as I feared - a bigger problem. It didn't fix it and when he did a compression test, two cylinders have low pressure. So it is an inpatient job with the head off and about £1,000 (he doesn't do it himself, he sends it away).

I had been worrying that the gradual coolant loss (which has sped up significantly since she started running badly) was the sign of a cylinder issue.

So, I'm going to get my credit card limbered up, and hopefully have her fit and well for AITP

Thanks Jeff. She will be out of action for a week when I book her in to have it done. Will go for the week after next so she is back on the road for AITP

Sorry to hear that Mabel wasn't cured with some new coil packs.

Hopefully surgery will resolve her issues and present you with years of trouble free motoring ahead. Hope she is back to her best very soon.

Sorry to hear this Teresa,

I hope that the bill is not quite that expensive. Shame you could not get it to my mechanic near me, he would charge a fair amount less.

Fingers crossed for you.

While it is out get them to check the plastic coolant pipe, it is normally worth replacing that to save problems later.

All the best
Steve B

Sorry to hear this Teresa,

I hope that the bill is not quite that expensive. Shame you could not get it to my mechanic near me, he would charge a fair amount less.

Fingers crossed for you.

While it is out get them to check the plastic coolant pipe, it is normally worth replacing that to save problems later.

All the best
Steve B
Thanks Steve. He does to to over quote so I'm hoping it will be less..thanks for the tip on the pipe. He said he will replace it and anything else necessary while the head is off.
Got to try and avoid drive her this week and the take her in on the 22nd.

Back