Valeo wiper blade

Can't comment on left blade, but why are you ordering Valeo parts? Bosch or nothing. Clean screen first with Meguires glass polish.

Had Valeo wipers once with indicator that identified when the wipers needed renewed. Swear the indicator showed within a month or two.

I need a new one ASAP, this one on now has left a line right on the end of the wiper, on the windscreen. Could anybody suggest how to remove the Mark, groove. And what product if there is one to remove it. Regards Spud.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

There is no real way to remove the mark as to do so will require removing a small amount of the glass. This in turns shows as a distortion in the glass when you look through it. Car cutting compound will remove the mark. You start with a course compound and work up to a fine one. Toothpaste is quite good as a fine compound. It is a Lot of work though and as said it does leave a distortion in the glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used cerium oxide to reduce the glass scratches - they are for optical grinding. I used a soft pad on a SLOW drill and kept the paste wet and moving.
Do not overrub - it will distort the glass. Do not overheat - it can Explode the glass.

Anything you can catch with a fingernail won't come out but it did make it look less bad.

Mine was right into the field of view and annoying but because it was as a result of the wiper being faulty and damaging the glass my insurance company unexpectedly replaced it for my glass excess - £70 fitted. Maybe worth asking.

There is no real way to remove the mark as to do so will require removing a small amount of the glass. This in turns shows as a distortion in the glass when you look through it. Car cutting compound will remove the mark. You start with a course compound and work up to a fine one. Toothpaste is quite good as a fine compound. It is a Lot of work though and as said it does leave a distortion in the glass

Thanks for the info. Regards Spud

I used cerium oxide to reduce the glass scratches - they are for optical grinding. I used a soft pad on a SLOW drill and kept the paste wet and moving.
Do not overrub - it will distort the glass. Do not overheat - it can Explode the glass.

Anything you can catch with a fingernail won't come out but it did make it look less bad.

Mine was right into the field of view and annoying but because it was as a result of the wiper being faulty and damaging the glass my insurance company unexpectedly replaced it for my glass excess - £70 fitted. Maybe worth asking.

Thanks for that, pinkythelabrat:. The windscreen replacement sounds like a good plan, I think mine is 70 quid also. I shall have a go at trying to remove the mark myself, but if it fails to remove it I shall consider the option of a new screen.
Regards Spud

I had a go at removing the gouge from mine with a rotary polisher, glass cutting pads etc but didn't make any impression - indeed I glad i stopped as I think I got to the point where an egg would have cooked on the glass (obviously before it slid down and into the engine :) )

Mark on my windscreen is big but not in drivers vision so doubt I'll get anywhere with a claim.

I had a go at removing the gouge from mine with a rotary polisher, glass cutting pads etc but didn't make any impression - indeed I glad i stopped as I think I got to the point where an egg would have cooked on the glass (obviously before it slid down and into the engine :) )

Mark on my windscreen is big but not in drivers vision so doubt I'll get anywhere with a claim.

But if a brick was to hit the screen and there was a large crack in it !!! Just saying!!!

But if a brick was to hit the screen and there was a large crack in it !!! Just saying!!!

Whoop's where did that come from lol, I can not stand insurance company's at the best of times, it's just playing them at there own game. Regards Spud

Back