Campervan

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
I'm considering buying a campervan. I may be insane.

It's a T3 Kameo from 1989 and looks in pretty good shape.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Ps. Would an A2 TDi75 engine and gearbox fit do you reckon?

8a4a653c06537b246e03bbd8ffb6d68a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have space for a camper van and can afford it, then to me it is a "no brainer"

One of my best holidays was many years ago when I travelled around Scotland in a transit campervan.

The huge advantage they have is that you can just drive to anywhere you want and you don't have to plan your accommodation ahead.

We went to some very sleepy and remote villages and because we did not have to be "back at the B&B / Hotel" at a specific time, we could be even more adventurous.

I like the VW versions old (fantastic) and newer shapes.

So a big jealous yes from me!!!!!

Steve B

Thanks Steve. Space, no. Public street parking, yes.

Thinking of the North Coast 500! Amazing scenery and only a few hours away.

Go for it, I have always wanted a camper van but a lot of then are well above what I could afford. Like Steve says you can do what you want, when you want. When I was younger long time ago I may add, my mum and dad had a caravan and we went every where. Great memories and great holidays, we used to go camping me and my other half and kids, and I enjoyed that but the gaffer put the blockers on that as she wants a bit of luxury now as we get older lol. But yea get it bought, you won't regret it. Regards Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

From the picture it looks fantastic. I had my one and only visit to Scotland in a camper when i was about 5 (I'm now 48) i had a little hammock bed and loved it. Go for it. Its probably a good investment. cheers mike

Thanks everyone. Very good feeling so we put the deposit down.

It needs a fair bit of work cosmetically and the interior is a bit worn down - plumbing, electrics and so on - but the engine looked well maintained, pulled well, and the body's seen a lot of repair and attention recently. Now to plan some getaways!

Ps. A2Sumo - it comes with a super-cool hammock in the front which is the width of the van across above the front seats! It looks amazing! Happy memories for my wee one here we come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Very good feeling so we put the deposit down.

It needs a fair bit of work cosmetically and the interior is a bit worn down - plumbing, electrics and so on - but the engine looked well maintained, pulled well, and the body's seen a lot of repair and attention recently. Now to plan some getaways!

Ps. A2Sumo - it comes with a super-cool hammock in the front which is the width of the van across above the front seats! It looks amazing! Happy memories for my wee one here we come.

Well done, and have fun. One of the best things in life is being free. Enjoy regards
spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Nice one! Pics of the inside as well please

Sarge

Will do once I get it. For the moment you can imagine that it has the original 80s interior that looks 70s and has been owned by clumsy, pipe chain-smoking stain monkeys... fair bit of renovation work needed.

Bright sides? It has one advantage over every car I've owned in the last 12 years? There's a Haynes manual!

Nice T25. Is it an early one with an air cooled engine? My friend many years ago had the caravelle version of it in a 1.6 diesel. Great times doing trips to france. They have a great following. Think a good site is the brickyard?
Very jealous
Steve

Nice T25. Is it an early one with an air cooled engine? My friend many years ago had the caravelle version of it in a 1.6 diesel. Great times doing trips to france. They have a great following. Think a good site is the brickyard?
Very jealous
Steve

It's a Wasserboxer and quite a late one - I'm not a purist but apparently many will now think me less of a Campervanner because I didn't get a Splitty or a Bay and went for something practical. Cliques! Haha!

Looks nice. T25s are starting to get very collectable now. Maybe in a couple of years time they might command the same resale price as type 1s. With soo many vw events being held over a weekend, it does make sense to buy a camper and fully experience them. Have fun(i know you will). Steve

That will be a useful vehicle. Once upon a time I was thinking to convert my Mercedes V Class to a camper too, but they are total rust buckets and once you get a camper, it usually means its for life not just for Christmas, so I didn't want anything that would have needed constant anti-rust attention especially as campers spend time on grass and the like areas, which increases chances of rust.

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a purpose to the strip of wood along the dashboard? doesn't look like something that should be in that position for safety really.

Sarge

Is there a purpose to the strip of wood along the dashboard? doesn't look like something that should be in that position for safety really.

Sarge

I had the same question but it's original apparently. It has a groove in the top so is maybe it's for balancing maps... or vinyl. Maybe an attempt at matching the walnut dash panel of the Jags?

I had the same question but it's original apparently. It has a groove in the top so is maybe it's for balancing maps... or vinyl. Maybe an attempt at matching the walnut dash panel of the Jags?

Ps that dashboard is made of metal - anything would be softer so maybe the wood is a prototype airbag!

Good flat area on dash, you could sit a fairly large touchscreen for multiple use, entertainment on the go, and tv to watch when parked up at campsite.

I feel a dash conversion coming on here :p

Sarge

Back