Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Campervan

Campervan

I'm considering buying a campervan. I may be insane.

It's a T3 Kameo from 1989 and looks in pretty good shape.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Ps. Would an A2 TDi75 engine and gearbox fit do you reckon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. 7 users that liked this post:

Birchall (16-07-2017), Cronus7 (17-07-2017), E T Oddie (16-07-2017), murdo (21-07-2017), rosscanning (19-07-2017), Special edition (20-07-2017), stevec (18-07-2017)

If you have space for a camper van and can afford it, then to me it is a "no brainer"

One of my best holidays was many years ago when I travelled around Scotland in a transit campervan.

The huge advantage they have is that you can just drive to anywhere you want and you don't have to plan your accommodation ahead.

We went to some very sleepy and remote villages and because we did not have to be "back at the B&B / Hotel" at a specific time, we could be even more adventurous.

I like the VW versions old (fantastic) and newer shapes.

So a big jealous yes from me!!!!!

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

4. 2 users that liked this post:

Cronus7 (17-07-2017), spud (16-07-2017)

Thanks Steve. Space, no. Public street parking, yes.

Thinking of the North Coast 500! Amazing scenery and only a few hours away.

6. Users that liked this post:

spud (16-07-2017)

Go for it, I have always wanted a camper van but a lot of then are well above what I could afford. Like Steve says you can do what you want, when you want. When I was younger long time ago I may add, my mum and dad had a caravan and we went every where. Great memories and great holidays, we used to go camping me and my other half and kids, and I enjoyed that but the gaffer put the blockers on that as she wants a bit of luxury now as we get older lol. But yea get it bought, you won't regret it. Regards Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

From the picture it looks fantastic. I had my one and only visit to Scotland in a camper when i was about 5 (I'm now 48) i had a little hammock bed and loved it. Go for it. Its probably a good investment. cheers mike
    Daily driver-2005 Akoya silver TDI Special Edition-----------------show car yellow colour storm TDI modified.
    next social will be 16th September-EVENING MEAL IN BIRMINGHAM 18TH NOVEMBER . pm me ideas for consideration please

A2OC Has a Facebook page ----https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudiA2Owners/

INSTAGRAM---TAG "A2oc" or Follow me ---- a2sumo

ALL A2'S ARE WELCOME AT CAR SHOWS/SOCIALS SO COME JOIN THE FUN

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

9. Users that liked this post:

spud (16-07-2017)

Thanks everyone. Very good feeling so we put the deposit down.

It needs a fair bit of work cosmetically and the interior is a bit worn down - plumbing, electrics and so on - but the engine looked well maintained, pulled well, and the body's seen a lot of repair and attention recently. Now to plan some getaways!

Ps. A2Sumo - it comes with a super-cool hammock in the front which is the width of the van across above the front seats! It looks amazing! Happy memories for my wee one here we come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 4 users that liked this post:

a2sumo (16-07-2017), Sarge (16-07-2017), spud (16-07-2017), Vonnie (16-07-2017)

liking your camper van, are you going to pull the A2 at the back of it like the big campervans do
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong

13. Users that liked this post:

Sarge (16-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkythelabrat View Post
    Thanks everyone. Very good feeling so we put the deposit down.

It needs a fair bit of work cosmetically and the interior is a bit worn down - plumbing, electrics and so on - but the engine looked well maintained, pulled well, and the body's seen a lot of repair and attention recently. Now to plan some getaways!

Ps. A2Sumo - it comes with a super-cool hammock in the front which is the width of the van across above the front seats! It looks amazing! Happy memories for my wee one here we come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well done, and have fun. One of the best things in life is being free. Enjoy regards
    spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by depronman View Post
    liking your camper van, are you going to pull the A2 at the back of it like the big campervans do
    Discussing it. It does have a tow bar

Nice one! Pics of the inside as well please

Sarge

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any help that I can give to my fellow beings; let me do it now; for I shall not pass this way again.

I owned 22 A2's, currently have 4x 1.4 Petrol's, 2x 1.6FSi and 3x 1.4TDi ....so well versed!

**** HOW I REBUILT MY A2 (SHOBY CAR) CLICK HERE ****

**** General A2 Servicing Information click here ****

MORE 'HOW TO's click here

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CLICK HERE - AUDI A2 CAR PARTS AVAILABLE....... HUNDREDS AVAILABLE....... CLICK HERE <<<<<<

Services Offered:
    Key Programming, Scan reports, fault code scanning, RNS-E Pin CODE, GENERAL REPAIRS, FULL SERVICING .....Much More! taking care of your pride & joy! .