Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Campervan

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Nice one! Pics of the inside as well please

Sarge
    Will do once I get it. For the moment you can imagine that it has the original 80s interior that looks 70s and has been owned by clumsy, pipe chain-smoking stain monkeys... fair bit of renovation work needed.

Bright sides? It has one advantage over every car I've owned in the last 12 years? There's a Haynes manual!

2. 3 users that liked this post:

67boris (17-07-2017), Colin 540 (17-07-2017), Special edition (20-07-2017)

Nice T25. Is it an early one with an air cooled engine? My friend many years ago had the caravelle version of it in a 1.6 diesel. Great times doing trips to france. They have a great following. Think a good site is the brickyard?
    Very jealous
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    Nice T25. Is it an early one with an air cooled engine? My friend many years ago had the caravelle version of it in a 1.6 diesel. Great times doing trips to france. They have a great following. Think a good site is the brickyard?
    Very jealous
    Steve
    It's a Wasserboxer and quite a late one - I'm not a purist but apparently many will now think me less of a Campervanner because I didn't get a Splitty or a Bay and went for something practical. Cliques! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 6 users that liked this post:

67boris (19-07-2017), murdo (Yesterday), rosscanning (19-07-2017), Sarge (20-07-2017), Special edition (20-07-2017), stevec (20-07-2017)

Looks nice. T25s are starting to get very collectable now. Maybe in a couple of years time they might command the same resale price as type 1s. With soo many vw events being held over a weekend, it does make sense to buy a camper and fully experience them. Have fun(i know you will). Steve

8. 2 users that liked this post:

Pinkythelabrat (20-07-2017), Special edition (20-07-2017)

That will be a useful vehicle. Once upon a time I was thinking to convert my Mercedes V Class to a camper too, but they are total rust buckets and once you get a camper, it usually means its for life not just for Christmas, so I didn't want anything that would have needed constant anti-rust attention especially as campers spend time on grass and the like areas, which increases chances of rust.

Sarge
    Last edited by Sarge; 20-07-2017 at 06:48 PM.

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any help that I can give to my fellow beings; let me do it now; for I shall not pass this way again.

I owned 22 A2's, currently have 4x 1.4 Petrol's, 2x 1.6FSi and 3x 1.4TDi ....so well versed!

**** HOW I REBUILT MY A2 (SHOBY CAR) CLICK HERE ****

**** General A2 Servicing Information click here ****

MORE 'HOW TO's click here

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CLICK HERE - AUDI A2 CAR PARTS AVAILABLE....... HUNDREDS AVAILABLE....... CLICK HERE <<<<<<

Services Offered:
    Key Programming, Scan reports, fault code scanning, RNS-E Pin CODE, GENERAL REPAIRS, FULL SERVICING .....Much More! taking care of your pride & joy! .

Is there a purpose to the strip of wood along the dashboard? doesn't look like something that should be in that position for safety really.

Sarge

I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any help that I can give to my fellow beings; let me do it now; for I shall not pass this way again.

I owned 22 A2's, currently have 4x 1.4 Petrol's, 2x 1.6FSi and 3x 1.4TDi ....so well versed!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CLICK HERE - AUDI A2 CAR PARTS AVAILABLE....... HUNDREDS AVAILABLE....... CLICK HERE <<<<<<

Services Offered:
    Key Programming, Scan reports, fault code scanning, RNS-E Pin CODE, GENERAL REPAIRS, FULL SERVICING .....Much More! taking care of your pride & joy! .

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Is there a purpose to the strip of wood along the dashboard? doesn't look like something that should be in that position for safety really.

Sarge
    I had the same question but it's original apparently. It has a groove in the top so is maybe it's for balancing maps... or vinyl. Maybe an attempt at matching the walnut dash panel of the Jags?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkythelabrat View Post
    I had the same question but it's original apparently. It has a groove in the top so is maybe it's for balancing maps... or vinyl. Maybe an attempt at matching the walnut dash panel of the Jags?

Ps that dashboard is made of metal - anything would be softer so maybe the wood is a prototype airbag!

Good flat area on dash, you could sit a fairly large touchscreen for multiple use, entertainment on the go, and tv to watch when parked up at campsite.

I feel a dash conversion coming on here

Sarge

Services Offered: