Turbo removal 1.4tdi 75

Has anyone taken there turbo off I'm in the process of doing it it's all undone and off i just can't get it out from behind the engine it's the square peg round hole scenario.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

not done this myself, but removing the drivers side engine mount and the dog bone mount should allow the engine to swing forward and thus provide more clearance, also the Air inlet for the cabin heater is removable and therefore provides a lot of extra room at the rear top of the engine

Cheers

Air inlets removed already I'll have to try the engine mount option i saw on here somewhere that someone said it lifts out but looks pretty impossible

I looked at that i need someone who's actually done it really for some real world experience

Ok so the turbo is finally off and eventually out jacked up the engine and undid the engine mount on the left handside,next job shotblast the manifold and find a tool for the odd bolts holding the turbo to the manifold some weird 16 point things.

This is it
07497b8575282684159f30d9e7129115.jpg

Sorted it 12mm 12 point socket did it manifold shotblast tomorrow the reassembly friday evening and hopefully limp mode gone.

So it's all back together went for a test drive limp mode persists i am genuinely baffled by what else it could be.

It can only be a handfull of things causing your limp mode , map or maf sensors can cause limp mode but more common is one of the vacuum pipes or even a boost pipe leaking.. Im having persistant limp mode problems with my own project tdi at the moment as soon as i go above 90 it freaks out and hey presto limp mode, its even made the bottom hose work its way off the plastic pipe that comes from the turbo thats connected to the sump with boost preasure so even though the spring clips seem a tight hold on the pipes im considering new gubilee clips to replace the standard spring clamps as these must be weak now due to age and the boost pipe being pushed off... but a hole can of worms for me as nothings standard or OEM on my engine now but can understand where you are...
Ive purchased all new vacuum pipes and building up a spare set of electronic valves with new hoses and hard pipes ready to swap over in the next few days weather permitting and see if that helps , ive also purchased tiny gubilee clips for all the vacuum lines just to be over the top as the wastegate needs like 20 psi to fully open so even the slightest leak could go unnoticed but be enough for limp mode as not fully opening the wastegate... ile post some more photos up when ive finished as may be of help and ile put all the vacuum pipe sizes and id's as they are differnt and not all the same ...

IMG_2420.jpg

Regards Gary

Back