engine management fault

S.DUNN

I have a light on my DIS that looks like a gearbox.The book states it is an engine management fault and I should take the car to the garage ASAP.Does anyone have any info on this fault am I in for a big bill or is it ok to continue to drive until next service about 5000m away?

I had that, stopped the car in a lay by to check from thr handook what it meant, drove very carefully to my destination. The light disappeared and has not returned. Itook it to my local Audi who said "take no notice of it". Very re-assuring!!!

S.DUNN said:
I have a light on my DIS that looks like a gearbox.The book states it is an engine management fault and I should take the car to the garage ASAP.Does anyone have any info on this fault am I in for a big bill or is it ok to continue to drive until next service about 5000m away?

When you get a trouble code, always hang of the battery (-) for about 5 minutes, If the trouble code comes after driving again- Go to the workshop

The trouble with all these warning lights id that they don't always leave a DTC in the fault log (that is a Diagnostic Trouble Code), which is what Audi interrogate when you take the car into them.

If there isn't a DTC, then usually, there is not a problem - warning lights can come on even due to the most momentary of electrical blips or errors. That doesn't necessarily mean that there is a fault, so the basic advice is take it to the dealer (esp. if still under warranty) and don't be surprised if you get told that there's nothing to worry about.

Yes. But if the you dont have gurantee (only 3years in Sweden) left, then it´s the most economic way to just hang off the battery. Since it´s kind of unessecerily to pay 60£ to be told that there is no fault....
If there really is something wrong with the car- the fault code will appear again, and first then....
I think the steering units are sensible for damp....

eng mang fault lt

Thanks for the info and yes the lt does go out then come back again? I will wait until the next service and see if they come up with anything!

Back