CD changer

AudA2Numpty

A2OC Donor
In my previous SE I had a 6 CD changer in the boot, in the area under the flap with the tools and battery.

In this car there is a space for the changer and wiring which appears to be plugged into a slot but no CD changer.
Does this mean, if I get a changer, that there is already prevision for the wiring or is that empty box for something else?

I have and Audi Concert Stereo.

There is no hurry for this as I have no money left at the moment to sort this out, just curious.

In my previous SE I had a 6 CD changer in the boot, in the area under the flap with the tools and battery.

In this car there is a space for the changer and wiring which appears to be plugged into a slot but no CD changer.
Does this mean, if I get a changer, that there is already prevision for the wiring or is that empty box for something else?

I have and Audi Concert Stereo.

There is no hurry for this as I have no money left at the moment to sort this out, just curious.

The Audi CD changer is never located in the area where the tools and battery are, what you can see is a rectangular holder for the Audi Sat Nav for the CD disc.

The Audi 6 CD Changer is mounted on the RH side of the main boot area and it uses a specially built side panel trim.

It can be retrofitted but it means stripping out a lot to route the cables and you need the side panel trim.

Steve B

I deffo had a 6 CD changer in there in my last SE. I can get the new owner (who refused to sell me back the car) to take a picture to show you if that helps?

I deffo had a 6 CD changer in there in my last SE. I can get the new owner (who refused to sell me back the car) to take a picture to show you if that helps?

I don't doubt you for one minute, I was merely pointing out that the standard fitment is on the side panel in the boot area, There is not enough room for an Audi 6 CD changer in the battery compartment under the flap, physically, so yours must have been an aftermarket one of some sort, but still amazed that they fitted it in, very good use of space.

VERY happy to be corrected over that, it is just that the only CD player I have seen in there was a single CD one that was used for the Sat Nav disc on the standard Audi Sat nav.

If you have a picture I would be interested to see, just to see how they did it. (Once again, I am not doubting you)

Steve B

I'm pretty sure you can fit an Audi 6 CD glovebox changer into that slot from an A3 8P or A4 8E chassis. So it might have been aftermarket, but it's standard slot that fits the Audi glovebox CD changer, Audi TV tuner or Audi Sat nav module.

This is what it was and looked like.
Hopefully Simon will get a picture in situ.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...995257?hash=item1a1dcb09b9:g:jy4AAOSwpLNYA-IU

Yes that is the standard audi 6 CD changer but I can't see how anyone could fit that into a standard A2 battery compartment.

Perhaps you mean mean it was under the false floor and not that it was under the battery compartment flap?

unkess someone moved the tools etc to the drivers underfloor (as with BOSE) and put the changer where the BOSE sub normally goes? That might be possible I guess?

steve B

I tell a lie. It was a Sony CDX-T69.

Found a picture of it. yey.

IMG_7336.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-MK1-...209210&hash=item4b1cba7c97:g:s5UAAOSwvVFZcZHz

Yes that is the standard audi 6 CD changer but I can't see how anyone could fit that into a standard A2 battery compartment.

Perhaps you mean mean it was under the false floor and not that it was under the battery compartment flap?

unkess someone moved the tools etc to the drivers underfloor (as with BOSE) and put the changer where the BOSE sub normally goes? That might be possible I guess?

steve B

Depends on the price and where it needs to be fitted. Only want to put one in the battery compartment area like my old car.

Back