Rear Brake Shoe [drum] light reset

OXFORDPAUL

Hello all, I told you I would be in the fixing threads!

So, I took off my rear drums as I heard a nice grinding noise from rear... shoes are all good, cleeaned up the componants, did not remove the shoes.

Warning light has come on, and wont go away :confused: Yellow rear shoe one..

Is there a special reset for this light?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot from 2017-07-19 20-20-06.png

Hmmm, perhaps I have missread the warning lights.. ABS light came on last week then went away... After a bit of digging I think the Lamp above is set off by the FRONT break wear sensor.. so just wierd, unless grind was from front, but all pads look good from there, so now thiking I have a "bad Loom" or similar issue...

will report back with findings.

Last edited:
Hi Paul, I am almost sure it is your front brake pad wear indicator which will be located on the nearside front caliper inside pad, which suggests they have almost reached there maximum use which could give you a few hundred more miles, but check confirm and replace if that is the case failing that it probably is a break in the wires going to that inner brake pad, option to see if it clears is cut the wire close into the inner pad and short together and hopefully that will cancel your display / warning until you get new pads. Good Luck.

Treat yourself to ATE power dics and Ceramic Pads if you can afford them budget £150,
£3 x 50 weeks,paid for in a Year.

you are 100% right... it was a coincidence that the break light came on after I looked at the rear pads.. I had also been poking about in the engine bay and had dislodged the 'bodge' that is/was my front sensor loom....

Front discs are a bit ropey, so may go for a 'replace all' strategy ;)

this is likely the most common A2 fault of them all
I opted to join the wires in the loom inside the engine bay and monitor the front brake pads manaully

Cheers,

Back