Peeling spoiler

ijedgar

A2OC Donor
The black spoiler on my latest A2 is losing paint and showing the metal beneath quite badly.
It looks like someone balanced and possibly spilt a tin of something aggresive on the spoiler and it has left a circular patch.
This has grown outwards and other areas are also now starting to lose the paint cover.
Is there a special paint to repair this or is it ok to use matt black spray cans and spray the whole spoiler?
Never done anything like this so all advice will be welcome even if it is leave it to the pro`s.

I will see if I can manage to resize and post one.
IMG_1317.jpg

Dragging this old post up but I've got the same issue. Any advice? I was considering getting it sprayed the same colour as the car as opposed to black. I think colour storm blue would look great on the spoiler.

Dragging this old post up but I've got the same issue. Any advice? I was considering getting it sprayed the same colour as the car as opposed to black. I think colour storm blue would look great on the spoiler.
I had same issues someone obviously let the tailgate up and touched the up and over garage door several times ..I never did anything about it ..I thought of painting same colour as car like you ..or satin black as per original ..it would be nice if someone on here could advise you on that paint code ..personally I think same colour of car ..those votex rear spoilers are colour painted ?

Colour code is 3FZ from what I have read. I think the Blue would set if off though and would be marginally more expensive anyway, so why not! Now to find the colour code for Storm Blue!

Colour code is 3FZ from what I have read. I think the Blue would set if off though and would be marginally more expensive anyway, so why not! Now to find the colour code for Storm Blue!
Someone on here will help you out with this I’m sure.. thanks for the satin black code I will put it in my book for future reference ?

Back