Car wobles when full trottling

Cangri

Hello,

I have an issue where the whole car starts shaking and wobbling when in full throttle.Can`t go above 2000rpm and 50MPH.
If I stop accelerating then runs normal.

Gearbox or flywheel and clutch?

I will have a mechanic look at it but was wondering what to expect, in case anyone experienced this behavior.

1.4tdi 75BHP from 2001

Thank you!

Last edited:
As far as I know the 2001 TDI does not have a duel mass flywheel. Is the car rough at idle ? I have known drive shafts to cause a vibration similar to what you describe

Idle is OK.
Even at high speeds when load not high it won`t do it.
Let`s say I reach 50MPH. If I apply throttle it will woble. If throttle is released it will stop wobbling/vibrating immediately.
Gearbox changes all speeds.Sometimes in 1st it goes harder.
Before this I could hear a squeaking sound when depressing clutch in 1st gear.And speed was limited to 100MPH in 5th gear won`t go above 3000RPM

Did saw on parts pages that no mention of a flywheel for this model. But did ask a quote from parts stores and mechanics and they provided part number. So not sure if it has or not.

The fuel is not being cut just restricted. Hence it will not exceed a certain number of revs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.. driveshafts have been seen to fail.

Are you sure the engine mounts are ok? Can you rev at a standstill and it's wobbling or not?

- Bret

Drive shaft joints with gearbox are distroyed. Did look at it. Scheduled for repair Monday.

Just replaced my right side inner CV-joint, it takes about an hour.
Had the exakt same problem, wobbled during acceleration. Cured it right away.

Back