Chat Has anyone seen a small nipple next the the pressure hose in the bottom of the interc

3ded2bfa3371861ffd9fca4566f6b44d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have the same intercooler there is a bit of a hose pipe on mine blanked off but investigating I cant figure out exactly purpose or where it should connect to

Fitted new Intercooler this week it had the same nipple as the original but nothing connected to it, oddly enough the crap Audi intercooler I read about some much on this Forum has lasted 13 + years and 130k, I am wondering how long the new £58 from Mr Auto will last compared to the £500 Mr Timmus recommended one.

I often wondered what that nipple is for mine seems to spray oil out and covering the bottom intercooler hose i wouldn't mind knowing if it's ok to block off

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I had a look on mine, it's 2001 AMF, has the same nipple. I connected a piece of hose and tried to blow, but it seems to be blocked. Suction also showed blockage. It wasn't connected anywhere, so I assume it's ok to block it.

Regards,

Boris

Iv just blocked it off now and driven it and it's seems fine just nobody Audi Tps euro parts or a a2 guy I know doesn't have a clue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same and mine spits out oil too,Tried blocking it but doesn't work.

I'm not overly concerned as it's only a small amount oil.

Ross

Back