Audi Driver International show at Castle Combe

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all Audi driver international show is as always at Castle Combe circuit, nr Chippenham, Wilts. further details see below.

http://www.audidriverinternational.co.uk

This year they have moved the date of the show into sunny and warm September---saturday 16th september.

The show is the Saturday - Friday night we book a table in the beefeater next to the hotel for those that have decided to stay over before the show or are local and want to join us---please add your name here---FRIDAY NIGHT MEAL----- http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=111&day=2017-9-15
also post on here how many places please.

The show follows the very simple typical car show format. With the different car clubs having pitches. These pitches are located close to the track at castle Combe in the paddock area. There are a few trade stands there to tempt the pound out your pockets. BUT THE BIG DRAW IS being Able to view the action on the track.

Audi uk usually have one or two of their test pilots offering white knuckle rides around the circuit in the high performance versions of the cars. Some of the fastest modified audis also go out and are a sight to be seen and heard.

Track time is offered at £TBC per session - you need to have a helmet. If any members are interested pm me and I'll see if we can get a group session (12 a2's needed)

In the afternoon they usually offer a kids session where you can take the kids (yours or borrowed) around the circuit. At the end if the day there is usually a parade lap (in fact usually 3) where all the clubs form a line and drive the track -at a steady pace. No helmet required.
Hope this helps to entice you to come. Cheers mike

To those that know they are already coming please click the calendar link
ATTENDING THE SHOW--- http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=110&day=2017-9-16&c=1

*************WE WILL BE DOING THE PUB MEAL AFTER THE SHOW ON SATURDAY NIGHT AS PER PREVIOUS YEARS but the venue will change due to last years complaints of how poor the toilets were.************************************************** ************************

We have taken advice and decided to eat at ---- http://sallypussey.co.uk it looks excellent and have heard really good reviews.

MEAL AFTER THE SHOW - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=112&day=2017-9-16
click the above link for the pub meal and PLEASE post on here how many in your party i.e. wife/husband/partner etc

As per previous years we stay the night of the show at a hotel this year a few of us are staying at the premier inn hotel on the great western way opposite the Hilton of previous years.
http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/wiltshire/swindon/swindon-west-m4-j16.html

cheers mike and Yvonne

Last edited:
Name added Mike. A much better time of year to be at Castle Combe - sensible to re-date this. With a bit of sun and warmth, the circuit isn't a bad place to spend a shift.

Robin, do you have space to take Di and the kids into the venue this year.... ;):p

Cheers,

Darren

Name added to Show & Saturday meal. Both Lee & I will be attending. Will probably travel down on Friday night after eating as it will give the traffic time to calm down. It's a nightmare southbound on the M1 from our Junction (J25) since they started working on the not-so-smart motorway.

I'm in for Friday. I'm working Saturday, but live about 8 miles from Castle Combe so would love to meet up!

What time is the meal?

Hi sorry for the delay in answering -i could have sworn i had posted how odd. The meal will be 7.30-8.00 time just waiting to finalise numbers. please add your name to the calendar if your coming and let me know how many you are. Cheers mike

Hi sorry for the delay in answering -i could have sworn i had posted how odd. The meal will be 7.30-8.00 time just waiting to finalise numbers. please add your name to the calendar if your coming and let me know how many you are. Cheers mike
Thanks Mike,
I'm afraid I can't make it now as a work related thing has come up the same night. Thanks for getting back to me though!
Cheers, Jules

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi all its not far away now -Audi driver international at castle Combe. The hotel we are staying in is getting booked up fast and I have been told most of the compare prices sites show "no rooms" but If you contact the hotel directly web or phone you should be ok. But don't put it off much longer.
We are very close to having no spaces left for the after show meal on the Saturday night. So again if your coming please post and add your name soon as I may be able to up the head count.
Cheers Mike and Yvonne

Reactions: AJB
Hi Mike,

Glyn and myself have booked the hotel for Friday and Saturday and would like to enjoy all the usual dining arrangements you so kindly sort out.
Name added to all calendars.

Cheers
Jeff and Glyn

Hi all its not far away now -Audi driver international at castle Combe. The hotel we are staying in is getting booked up fast and I have been told most of the compare prices sites show "no rooms" but If you contact the hotel directly web or phone you should be ok. But don't put it off much longer.
We are very close to having no spaces left for the after show meal on the Saturday night. So again if your coming please post and add your name soon as I may be able to up the head count.
Cheers Mike and Yvonne

Hi All,
The table on the SATURDAY night has 1 spare place:
If you would like to join us please let me know by EOD 29th August and I will contact the venue and see if we can add spaces, we currently have 1 spare place

1a2sumo
2, 3AJ Brewster
4, 5,Darren C
6, 7, 8JIGSAW
9KekseKaempfer
10, 11Mustang-owner
12, 13robin
14Teresa
15Vonnie
16, 17wills

FRIDAY night there are now only 4 places left on the booking
Those confirmed
A2sumo
Darren x2
Jigsaw x 3
Mustang Owner x2
Robin x 2
Teresa
Vonnie

Thanks Yvonne

Last edited:
Are you back from the Welsh social and thinking I want to do another social ? or thinking I want to be part of this social scene ? Then why not join us at castle Combe for Audi driver international show ? Still time to add your names to the show full details on the first post. Looking forward to this as it's the last show of the year - possibly not but waiting for confirmation. Cheers Mike and Yvonne

Hi All,

Not long to ADI now. If you would like to join us for a meal on a Friday night please let me know and add your name to the calendar. We have 4 booked places left for the Friday.

I also have 1 more space on the Saturday if anyone else is interested.

FRIDAY night
1 A2sumo
2,3 Darren
4, 5, 6 Jigsaw
7, 8 Mustang Owner
9,10 Robin
11 Teresa
12. Vonnie

SATURDAY night has 1 spare place:
1a2sumo
2, 3AJ Brewster
4, 5,Darren C
6, 7, 8JIGSAW
9KekseKaempfer
10, 11Mustang-owner
12, 13robin
14Teresa
15Vonnie
16, 17wills

Thanks Yvonne

HI All
Sounds like it's going to be a really good event and looks like an excellent turnout from A2oc. Sadly i won't be able to attend this event as it's the same day(Argghhhh) my daughter needs to be enrolled into Plymouth University. So if you see me driving south on the M5 Saturday morning please give a sympathetic wave.
Have a great day all
Steve

hey everyone,
i will be coming on the saturday morning to join in the fun @ the meeting point happy to meet ppl on the way from derby, am all up for going out on track that should be a blast, cant do the pre meal as am working till very late friday (dam the ppl who having wedding party haha) and got to be back for sunday afternoon teas!!! joys of a chef!
really enjoyed AITP, thanks for having me there, meet so many ppl but cant remember every1 sorry terrible with names

dennis

Back