Temp icon coming on first turn of the key at the start of the day

spud

Hi all again, I have noticed that the last couple if mornings when I start the car , the temp warning light comes on. Turn the car off and restart and it goes away.
I have noticed that the water reservoir is a little bit below max, I do now that it needs topping up but not sure as to what I should use. Just plain water, or de ionize, or the g I have forgot of hand the number. As you can all tell iam bloody useless with cars. I think that is why I'm getting the temp symbol, but what would I know.
Regards Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Is it parked on level ground?
Mine does the same if it's parked on a very steep slope, just outside my house,
but goes off after few seconds on the level-ish ground.
And you should only fill it with G12, now G13.

Regards,

Boris

Is it parked on level ground?
Mine does the same if it's parked on a very steep slope, just outside my house,
but goes off after few seconds on the level-ish ground.
And you should only fill it with G12, now G13.

Regards,

Boris
I now see what the problem is Boris my drive is on an incline like yours. Tomorrow when I start the car I will just drive off, and fingers crossed the iconic will disappear.
Also thanks for the proper coolant as I was a bit unsure.
Regards Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

On another note, the coolant level sensor does slowly become covered in some sort of residue.
One result, it needs to be more completely immersed to stop showing the error, so it quickly goes away as you start driving.
Another result, it begins showing an error when it is cold outside, and again goes away in a few minutes.
In my case, I took off the expansion tank exclusively and used a radiator flush on the tank only, the problem went away (and I did check that when actually low, the error still shows).

Back