Finally got my blacks sprayed folks

AJB

A2OC Donor
Never normally have much to post but just an 'I am coming' response to a meet but this weekend was Scary Saturday. For my birthday (and after my sadness at Kimbolton) my partner bought me everything I needed to Spray the blacks on my lovely Ringo. This job has been needed to be done for months... well year really, but most of my money has been spent on keeping him running and wear and tear issues. Anyway, on Saturday we finally got a clear day and went too it both thinking "it can't be that hard." Spraying was not hard at all. A lot easier than I imagined but covering the car with paper and masking tape, now that was no walk in the park. Took us around 2 and a 1/2 hours to cover it and then about 5 minutes to spray. Am so glad that we done it and a big thanks to my partner Lee for helping me. I can now go to Audis in the Park and not be ashamed of my tatty blacks.

Driver Front Wheel Arch Before.jpegRear Passenger Wheel Arch Before.jpegPaper and Masking complete.jpegNow Spray.jpgDriver Front Wheel Arch after.jpgLooking good.jpg

Never normally have much to post but just an 'I am coming' response to a meet but this weekend was Scary Saturday. For my birthday (and after my sadness at Kimbolton) my partner bought me everything I needed to Spray the blacks on my lovely Ringo. This job has been needed to be done for months... well year really, but most of my money has been spent on keeping him running and wear and tear issues. Anyway, on Saturday we finally got a clear day and went too it both thinking "it can't be that hard." Spraying was not hard at all. A lot easier than I imagined but covering the car with paper and masking tape, now that was no walk in the park. Took us around 2 and a 1/2 hours to cover it and then about 5 minutes to spray. Am so glad that we done it and a big thanks to my partner Lee for helping me. I can now go to Audis in the Park and not be ashamed of my tatty blacks.

View attachment 30386View attachment 30387View attachment 30388View attachment 30389View attachment 30390View attachment 30391

What a great job, That has made a hige difference to what was already a really nice Storm to start with.

I bet you are "well chuffed" !!!!

Steve B

Reactions: AJB
If you have not used a plastic primer, you have to put a picture again in one year, leave your lacquer out. :)

Just catching up after a busy few weeks at work. No just used a Matt black spray on the advisory of another A2OC member (My partner asked him so he surprise with the gear to do it with for my birthday). Worked really well but sadly have already got a couple of stone chips on one of the wheel arches. May try something a bit more hard wearing next time. Maybe you can advise as the Red Snail is amazing. Saw him briefly at AITP but didn't get the chance to come over and see him properly. Time flew by so fast on Sunday.

Question, have you used a plastic primer?

Back