Painting the lower Black parts in body colour

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

Since the Votex kit was removed (to go onto my car) I thought it best to get the black lower parts sprayed in body colour.

I had done that on the white A2 and I thought it would look ok on a silver A2, but I was very pleasantly surprised at just how well the car suits that style.

It almost looks like it has a Votex kit on it anyway!!!

Very pleased.

I just hope my wife is, but as she says "Cars are to get me from A 2 B" and she does have a point.
There is not a car better at getting from A2 B than an A2!!

I think the pressed plates look nice and even the S3 AVUS wheels seem to suit the silver car and I wasn't sure that they would.
All in my own opinion of course !!!

I need a standard rear tow hitch cover (A2Steve????) LOL

Steve B
IMG_0647.JPGIMG_0646.JPGIMG_0649.JPGIMG_0650.JPGIMG_0651.JPGIMG_0652.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 923
  • IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    965.7 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Hi,

Since the Votex kit was removed (to go onto my car) I thought it best to get the black lower parts sprayed in body colour.

I had done that on the white A2 and I thought it would look ok on a silver A2, but I was very pleasantly surprised at just how well the car suits that style.

It almost looks like it has a Votex kit on it anyway!!!

Very pleased.

I just hope my wife is, but as she says "Cars are to get me from A 2 B" and she does have a point.
There is not a car better at getting from A2 B than an A2!!

I think the pressed plates look nice and even the S3 AVUS wheels seem to suit the silver car and I wasn't sure that they would.
All in my own opinion of course !!!

Steve B
View attachment 30402View attachment 30401View attachment 30404View attachment 30405View attachment 30406View attachment 30407

Steve. We have been on parallel thinking over the last week or so. I will post pictures later on tonight but I have done the same thing on my silver tdi. It basically started with a need to tidy up the bumpers as they had 16 years worth of minor abuse. Nothing major but lots of small marks and previous touch ups. When you start to look closer I noticed that the rear wheel arches were also marked so ended up removing these to paint. Then came the sill covers which were also removed for painting as was the door bottom rubbing strips. All in all what started as removing front and back bumpers to paint become a MUCH larger job
However I am so pleased with the finished results. The A2 looks stunning in its Full silver clothes
The wheels are next on the to do list but they are in very poor condition and I have 6 off 16" SE alloys in the back garden with no home so I thing I will be refurbishing 4 off of these
Still undecided on wheel colour. Either same silver as the A2 or gun metal grey. A little worried that it would be a sea of silver if I do the wheels silver so gun metal grey may set the wheels of nicely against the all silver bodywork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that Steve. I'm not a fan of Votex. Personal view . However the colour coding of the lower plastics looks very good and accentuates the lines of the car . What was used to do the job Steve? I'm assuming there's plastic primer and stone chip guard involved ?

I like that Steve. I'm not a fan of Votex. Personal view . However the colour coding of the lower plastics looks very good and accentuates the lines of the car . What was used to do the job Steve? I'm assuming there's plastic primer and stone chip guard involved ?

I leave all that to the experts. But yes proper plastic primer and stone chip protection.

Cheers
Steve B

Steve B

Not sure if there is a cover. Mine has factory tow fitted, by the dealer and came without a cover and really not a very tidy job of the cut. Will be interesting to hear from others.

Paul D

Here are the pictures of my 'all silver' TDI
IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0133.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0128.jpgIMG_0129.jpgIMG_0130.jpg

I have gone a little further than Steve B in that I have also colour coded the door bottom rubbing strips
Plastic primer, two pack high build primer and two pack lacquer over base paint, owe and LOTS of rubbing down to remove all the scratches in the over sills

I personally like the look very much

Now got the wheels to refurb or change for SE 16" wheels, main question is what colour to do the wheels ?

Interior was was all deep cleaned on Sunday and the door cards have been cleaned tonight

Cheers,

Steve I have the Azure blue tow cover you sent me if you want it? pm your address and I can send it back to you.

chris

Back