Chat New to the fold.

poghead

Hello,

Been on the forum for about 2 years but haven't contributed much. About 2/3 years ago I was looking at A2's but needed something bigger whilst renovating the house so ended up getting an estate. Long story cut short, finally bit the bullet and got my hands on an A2 today, owned by the same family from new, 130k careful miles I'm told; not sure if they used to lurk on here...

1acdaf4a7adb2ccd6cf0d02b5715c54b.png

Quick couple of questions if anyone can help?

1. The DIS screen is different to my Mk1 TT so no radio display, mpg display etc; is this the upgrade I have read good things about for the full colour one being released soon?

2. The clock/date seems to have fallen behind the binnacle slightly, can anyone link me to a how to so I can put it straight?

3. I didn't notice on the test drive but when I put my foot down there's a bit of a "whoop" sound at 2k revs; is this a common issue on the tdi? Doesn't seem to hesitate so more an annoyance than anything,

Poghead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to a very friendly and knowledgeable club

you don't appear to have bought an A2 with DIS (driver information system), or it is turned off. Is there a button on the right hand stalk ? if so then you have DIS if not then you don't
As I understand it the colour MFA screen is only suitable for a car that already as DIS. Member Timmus (Tom) offers a retro fit of DIS and also fits the MFA screen, suggest dropping him a PM if you are interested

I have never seen the clock issue that you state, so unable to help with that issue

Is the whoop sound just the turbo kicking in ???

Cheers,

Back