Headlights flush with the wing ! OCD time again.

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
I,ve had the pleasure of looking at many A2,s and have noticed on quite a few cars that the headlights are not flush with the front wings as I think they should be. There is around a quarter inch recess from the flat of the wing to the headlight in the indicator corner. Mine is the same.

I tried jiggling the with the positions the other day and no matter how hard I pushed the headlamps outwardly they woundn,t level or flush up with the wings. I then put some slight force on the wing its self nearest the lamp with the palm of my hand and it worked... its as though they had just popped out over time. Very odd but everything is now how it should be.

for more adjustment here there are two recesses which you can adjust the positions of which the headlight slots into on the indicator end. And there is adjustment on one bolt which fixes the wing to a bracket attached the strut tower, its this bolt which i should think is what your adjusting with the slight force. Acces is gained by removing the wheel liner.

Back