Hazard Lights on when returning to the car.

Topsie

Okay, bit of a strange one. When i lock the car at night and return in the morning, 30% of the time the hazards are flashing. Now, i would of thought this was the doing of the alarm, however disarming the alarm does not stop the hazards flashing, I have to go in and turn the hazards off by the switch.

As far as i can tell, the switch is in good working order. Will scan for faults later today and post, just wondering if anyone has had anything similar (Lots of posts relating to the alarm, but not just the hazards!)

Nick

Hi i seem to remember somewhere in the depths of my mind that the alarm can fail and cause random setting off conditions. You say with it turned off do you mean the button on the door shut? if so that doesn't turn it off it turns the volumetric sensors off. I will try and remember more but suspect there is a back up battery in the siren that can fail. Or could it be the central convenience module ?
Im sure a more technical person will be along soon. Luckily the alarm is hardly alarming is it. mike

I would suggest that you unplug the hazard switch temporarily such that it is ruled out, to do so remove the radio and the two X head screws that secure the centre vent assy, then it pulls out, the connector is released by clicking the retaining tab on the side of the connector
Suggest leaving it disconnected for a few days to see if the fault is this still their. if it is then this rules out the switch

Personally I suspect the alarm / CCCU, but always better to eliminate the easy and cheap first

Cheers,

The alarm doesn't exactly get the adrenaline pumping (if you've even noticed it sounding!!!)

Had a few codes relating to triggered alarms, I've reset them and i'll wait until the hazards are on again and scan to see if there are any codes again.

I mean disarmed as in unlocking the car by the fob if the alarm is sounding, which is why i originally assumed the hazards were flashing.

CCCU is the most probable culprit, my rear interior lights don't come on when you open the doors or by the switch in the rear, but do if you turn on the front interior lights. All strange stuff!

Nick

Ah the rear lights not coming on common and is an easy fix as it was found by member matt that the light unit develops a dry joint on the connector---there is a how to on here ill try and link it. So i would try turning off the interior sensors, the top button on the door shut above the fuel flap opener. I once trapped a moth in my car and that kept triggering the alarm.

I had exactly this problem, it was the flasher relay going faulty. It's in the dash directly behind the radio, tricky to get at but an easy fix.

Thanks for the suggestions for both issues! Flasher relay going faulty sounds good, I didn't really want to replace the CCCU!!! Is there a method of testing that anyone knows of or is it old out new in?

Thanks again,
Nick

Back