Climate Button Swap

As a follow up, I tried recently removing front panel and pushing transplant buttons out fron rear but I was exerting so much force something was going to break so I stopped, after all there are little prongs to stop them popping out in normal use. Instead I simply cut them out with a tennon saw - can say a bit more if anyone interested but only common sense tactics really.

Andy

Last edited:
Hi Andy

Thanks for the heads up. I bought it.

I'm new to A2OC, but what a great site. I don't have an A2 yet, but on the lookout with cash ready. From the great advice on the forum, and from web adverts, it looks inevitable that I will need replacement aircon buttons, so many thanks.

I'll be dropping by Audis in the Park to further my research.

Cheers
Steve

Speaking from experience, you will be able to transpose those buttons to the worn buttons on another unit. In fact, I have a complete set of unworn buttons, spare! With care, and prising from TWO directions, they do release. There will be a "slight" negative to doing this change, however. Your main unit will be the soft, greyish-black finish. All the replaced buttons will be hard, shiny-black finish. You WILL notice that difference! (They'll still look a LOT better, though!)

David

Speaking from experience, you will be able to transpose those buttons to the worn buttons on another unit. In fact, I have a complete set of unworn buttons, spare! With care, and prising from TWO directions, they do release. There will be a "slight" negative to doing this change, however. Your main unit will be the soft, greyish-black finish. All the replaced buttons will be hard, shiny-black finish. You WILL notice that difference! (They'll still look a LOT better, though!)

David

I've just bought my SECOND hard touch unit only to find the Off and Recirc buttons broken. The last one I bought was Ok but I broke the demise button. Did J3FVW a favour and sent him my removed Off button FOC so now I have two A4 units and two sets of buttons except for an OFF button (none good) and only one recirc button and one Demist button.

Firstly does anyone have a good Off button (for which I will pay up to a tenner) and secondly who wants any of the other buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an idea that might work and be very simple for the climate unit in post 1.

The front fascia of this rarer 8D0......Q looks very much identical to our A2 climate. IF IT IS (and is in acceptable condition) then why not swap the front fascia housing the buttons in its entirety! No need to mess about removing buttons. Just an idea.

Andy

Last edited:
Just an idea that might work and be very simple for the climate unit in post 1.

The front fascia of this rarer 8D0......Q looks very much identical to our A2 climate. IF IT IS (and is in acceptable condition) then why not swap the front fascia housing the buttons in its entirety! No need to mess about removing buttons. Just an idea.

Andy

I'll look into that. My hunch is that the a2 fascia is narrower but will let you know...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PM sent Simon.

Andy

I feel like a cheat but after one failure (my fault) and another purchase gone wrong I have sacked it off and bought a hard touch for £50. It's twice more than I wanted to pay but it will look right and not wear out. Now for radio buttons... on the look out for a non working concert for a tenner. I do reckon that the buttons from other models are swappable but am not going to pay ridiculous amounts for them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back