Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car wound not start when fuel tank go below half a tank

Quote Originally Posted by audia2owner View Post
    Hi spike, thank you for the reply, I was under impression that 2001 - 1.4 Diesel TDi use “electric fuel pump build in side the tank,
    There is an error in the A2 documentation that says the TDI has a fuel pump in the fuel tank. The petrol A2s have such a pump, but the TDIs do not.

My first line of attack with this problem would be to change the fuel filter. It's so frequently overlooked by garages when performing a service.

It's also possible that your fuel tank has been contaminated by 'diesel bug': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microb...of_diesel_fuel
    This sludge floats around in the tank and can block pipes and filters. It may be that a culture of microbes is floating in the tank, causing a blockage when half the tank has been used.

Cheers,

Tom
    Last edited by timmus; 11-08-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    A2 Retrofitting & Upgrade Service Offered: Cruise Control, DIS, Bose, Rear Electric Windows, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Heated Seats, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Bluetooth, Rear Speakers, Double-DIN Dash, RNS-E, Front Fog Lights, Lumbar Support, Komfortblinker, Convenience Unit Replacement, Key Programming, and much more...

Click here to order an all-alloy intercooler before August 31st.

Definitely no pump in the tank. I've been in mine 3 times to change the sender. Two senders from breakers and one OEM and I still don't trust the gauge. Carry around 5ltrs of diesel.