non OEM heated mirrors retrofit

cheechy

A2OC Donor
So looking to do this relatively easy retrofit and getting to the point now where I realise OEM glass is hard to find and is snapped up very quickly when it comes up on the site.

Therefore wondering if anyone has used non OEM and if there are recommendations - potentially using ebay.

I did find a post from a couple of years back but sellers and items have changed since then no doubt...

So this in principle looks ok but I gather its the passenger side that has fitting issues?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wing-Mirror-Glass-AUDI-A2-2000-2005-WIDE-ANGLE-HEATED-Right-Side-A014-/152520676651?fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3AA2&hash=item2382f0d52b:g:DA0AAOSwBOtY-21L

I bought two sets of non-OEM mirrors from eBay and both were useless/didn't fit. I think there is often confusion about LH/RH drive models. In the end I bought 2nd hand OEM ones from eBay and they were perfect (of course). I think in the end I paid about £20 each, rather than £15 per pair. It might be worth getting a price from Crewe Audi for comparison.

I bought from an ebay seller earlier this year (not the same one you listed)

It arrived quickly and safely packaged but the concave looked off to me compared to the OEM glass and the fitting was not good, restricting the full range of motion of the motor and getting my required angle for usage. I got close enough to try it out but not 100% where I wanted it.

The heating function worked as intended.

The adhesive that is used to mount it to the mounting plate is not nearly strong enough in my experience, and during my use on a few occasions it would come loose and you can see heavy vibrations through the reflection and a couple of times it came unstuck completely and started flapping around with only the electrical connection preventing it from being lost. I decided to switch back to OEM glass at that point.

Your mileage may vary :)

If I can find my set out of the garage I'll bring it along to AITP and whoever would like it is welcome to have it :)

Back