Thread: Potential MOT failures

Potential MOT failures

Looking for advise;

1) the mirrors do not move; they are seized as typically VAG. That is one mirror is possible to move forward ref photo. Are the mirrors supposed to be movable in both directions ie also clap inwards (in case you hit someone)?

2) headlight adjustment does not work. Nothing happens when turning the adjustmentwheel inside. Any tip here; check if voltage is present at headlight, change motor?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6661.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	30496

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6662.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	30497

Hi yes both mirrors move forward and backward but often get stuck with alloy corrosion - try spraying a lubricant in the join

the headlight adjustment dial could be that the motor drives have become loose in the light units.
    Both of these issues is not an mot check. As long as the headlights aim correctly it will be good to go. Cheers Mike
    Daily driver-2005 Akoya silver TDI Special Edition-----------------show car yellow colour storm TDI modified.
    next social will be 16th September-EVENING MEAL IN BIRMINGHAM 18TH NOVEMBER . pm me ideas for consideration please

A2OC Has a Facebook page ----https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudiA2Owners/

INSTAGRAM---TAG "A2oc" or Follow me ---- a2sumo

ALL A2'S ARE WELCOME AT CAR SHOWS/SOCIALS SO COME JOIN THE FUN

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

3. Users that liked this post:

Olerype (12-08-2017)

As above, neither are a failure . The headlamps just have to aligned correctly
    2011 Naomi House Ambassador
    '76 Leyland Princess 2200 HLS
    '79 Scirocco Storm
    '84 Audi ur quattro
    '86 Audi coupe
    '01 A2 1.4 TDI SE

Dealership in Norway treat both as MOT failures unfortunately. But thanks for tips - will work it out!

I'm sorry I hadn't noticed your location. The motor drives are a twist fit - easiest to remove the light unit to gain access to them. Good luck mike
    Daily driver-2005 Akoya silver TDI Special Edition-----------------show car yellow colour storm TDI modified.
    next social will be 16th September-EVENING MEAL IN BIRMINGHAM 18TH NOVEMBER . pm me ideas for consideration please

A2OC Has a Facebook page ----https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudiA2Owners/

INSTAGRAM---TAG "A2oc" or Follow me ---- a2sumo

ALL A2'S ARE WELCOME AT CAR SHOWS/SOCIALS SO COME JOIN THE FUN

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

7. Users that liked this post:

Olerype (12-08-2017)

Replaced one of the headlamps today with a brand new one. But still the beam adjustment does not work. Checked the fuses and measured 12vdc at the fuseholder.

Any tip for what to check?

I would check the adjustment switch for bad contact? Or the switch itself.
    I understand that neither of the lights would adjust. They are controlled by the same switch.

Regards,
    Boris
    Last edited by 67boris; 16-09-2017 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Added info
    No:1 2001 TDI 75 325000km, Silver, Climate, Double DIN, DIS, Cruise Control, Sport Steering Wheel, Sport seats, currently undergoing restoration after an accident two years ago, MYP upgrade as we speak.

No:2 2001 1.4 Petrol 130000 km, Cobalt Blue, Climate, Single DIN, engine awaiting crank sensor installation.

No:3 DAILY DRIVER, 2001 TDI 75, 301000 km and rising, Silver, Climate, Double DIN, Cruise Control, Leather interior.