Stereo Replacement

Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket stereo system with a touch screen? I am trying to retro-fit a new updates system and wanted to know if anyone had tried and succeeded with having a screen radio system?

Thanks, Brittany :)

yes fitted the chinese ebay 2din unit, 7" screen works very well, and includes BT and BTmusic, music from SD and USB stick, Satnav, FM Radio, and also plays films and pictures from either stick or SD card
There are some pictures and an how do I posted around Feb 2017
Head unit was £58 ish and the reversing camera about £6

I have the mounts and fascia available if you choose to go down the same route
cheers

Last edited:
I was looking at the Pioneer units and wondered if the double DIN unit would fit, not cheap though. Paul's solution above is more cost effective.

Hey Paul,

sounds good, was it a simple plug an play with your din unit? or was it complicated to fit? also does it fit in nicely with no gaps? Thank you!!! :)

Britt Foster

I’ve used the pioneer double din apple CarPlay stereo on a previous non A2 car and I really liked it...

Thinking about putting it in my A2 now... but working out some mechanical issues first...

yes fitted the chinese ebay 2din unit, 7" screen works very well, and includes BT and BTmusic, music from SD and USB stick, Satnav, FM Radio, and also plays films and pictures from either stick or SD card
There are some pictures and an how do I posted around Feb 2017
Head unit was £58 ish and the reversing camera about £6

I have the mounts and fascia available if you choose to go down the same route
cheers

How is the sound quality? Do you have 4 speakers and subwoofer too?

How is the sound quality? Do you have 4 speakers and subwoofer too?

The 2din Chinese unit is now easy to fit as I have printed a set of parts including a custom fascia these are available in the. 3D printed parts thread
I have four speakers running directly of the head unit. No sub as I don't like the thud thud thud of bass
Sound quality is very good especially as I am only using the std Audi speakers and tweeters
The touch screen works perfectly as does the rear view camera and the sat nav is excellent
BT is great for music only real let down is the phone mic is. The head unit making the phone capability near useless I will get around to fitting an external mic at some point but this will be a soldering job as no socket provided
Playback of music films and pictures from both sub and micro sd card is perfect
The unit is nine months old now so longevity seems ok
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The boot up time for android powered units can be quite long around 40 seconds for the slowest units
This can be some what annoying
Other than that you pays your money and takes your chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back