A new owner - well, sort of!

Bargepower

A2OC Donor
Just finalised the purchase of an A2 1.4 SE, I'm collecting the car on Saturday. :D
2 previous owners, dark green, first registered in December 2000, 87,000 on the clock confirmed by the hpi check.
It will be the second A2 I've had - I bought one in 2001, a brand new 1.4 SE with OpenSky, leather seats and Bose.
Looking forward to getting back in one, I loved the first one I had, but a bit small when triplets arrived!

I'll no doubt be giving the forum search engine a good work out, and probably asking lots of daft questions - let the fun begin!

Cheers
Ian

Hello Ian and welcome to the club. There are no daft questions here... we are all here to help.

Cheers
Dave:)

Welcome Ian. I am also called Ian and have also just become a new owner of a 1.4 Sport that also has two previous owners! I brought it for my son who is coming up 17, it has issues and was sold as a project, I feel satisfied that I have saved this little car (so far), but let's not speak too soon as it needs an MOT yet.
The great thing about these cars is that they do not rust, well in the main anyway. The wishbones etc will have surface rust but the body on ours is excellent even after 122k miles.
I've only been a member here for 4 days and I have already learned so much.

Good luck with it.

So I've collected the car today, I'd forgotten how much fun they are. It's a 2000 1.4 SE, 85200 miles, 16" 6 spoke wheels, paint is in excellent condition, a dark green (must look the name of it up) with 8 months mot for the princely sum of £695. It has main dealer service history to 2015. I drove it the 235 miles home and it felt like a new car, apart from a couple of minor niggles - couldn't charge my phone as the lighter socket was dead, but someone had fitted a 5 amp fuse so that was soon fixed. The drivers side air vent is broken, so I'll need to obtain one of those, and the fuse box cover is missing. The steering amber warning came on after a few miles, but I've already topped up the power steering reservoir which was very low, and the warning light has disappeared and not returned after another 60 miles, so fingers crossed that's fixed it. It's fitted with a radio cassette and I'd much prefer a radio cd, but I believe there are compatibility problems with the wiring of the concert cd?
In short, absolutely loving being back in an A2!

So I've collected the car today, I'd forgotten how much fun they are. It's a 2000 1.4 SE, 85200 miles, 16" 6 spoke wheels, paint is in excellent condition, a dark green (must look the name of it up) with 8 months mot for the princely sum of £695. It has main dealer service history to 2015. I drove it the 235 miles home and it felt like a new car, apart from a couple of minor niggles - couldn't charge my phone as the lighter socket was dead, but someone had fitted a 5 amp fuse so that was soon fixed. The drivers side air vent is broken, so I'll need to obtain one of those, and the fuse box cover is missing. The steering amber warning came on after a few miles, but I've already topped up the power steering reservoir which was very low, and the warning light has disappeared and not returned after another 60 miles, so fingers crossed that's fixed it. It's fitted with a radio cassette and I'd much prefer a radio cd, but I believe there are compatibility problems with the wiring of the concert cd?
In short, absolutely loving being back in an A2!

They really are bargains at the moment. I have a driver's side dash vent on the shelf if you need it.

Thanks for letting me know you have the part, Steve, but when I removed the existing air vent, I was able to reassemble it. Another saving!

Back