which brand of oil are you using?

chubuking

I am on the lookout for some 505.01 VW oil for my 1.4 TDI and I am looking for some good recommendations on what type of oil brand you guys have been using!

I found this website which has a discount on engine oils at the moment and came across some 5L of ULE gulf oil for around £23 (which I think is 505.01 VW after a bit of googling!) and it seems a very reasonable price!

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l...b7fbc2016695c8d0dba8b1006ce1a0493f1a49&000398

Any suggestions or comments on what to get? Cheers.

Hi,

I use and I'm sure a lot of others do too, Quantum longlife 3 (5L) which is recommended for our engine. I buy mine from eBay range from £24-£26 delivered.

Fully drained use 4.2litres of oil with a new filter in, I change my oil every 10K and have used quantum for over 70k miles.

Hope this helps
Ross

Only oil that's ever been in Tank is Quantum Longlife3 - it's specced to VW 507 (the latest spec) and is good for (as the name suggests) long-life servicing - 2 years or 30k miles.

As Ross says, available for around £25-ish and over the counter at any TPS branch. Don't skimp on oil - it's really not worth it, if you value your A2.

After using Mobil 1 or Castrol edge yearly I now use PD oil from Eurocar parts Around £22 for 5 litres when on Offer as the Old Girl burns a bit lately

I use either Castrol Edge (when Costco have it on promo) or Halford's own brand of fully synthetic to the VW spec.

After using Mobil 1 or Castrol edge yearly I now use PD oil from Eurocar parts Around £22 for 5 litres when on Offer as the Old Girl burns a bit lately

Exactly what I was going to post re choice of oil. I’m lucky though, not yet burning oil.

Last edited:
Back